Esteemed Contributor

Re: Will you watch the Oscars tonight?

DD dvr'd it.  We were watching old Law and Orders but during commercials she would fast forward the show.  I swear every 2 minutes I was asking "who's that."

I didn't know 1/2 of those people.  Who are Beanie Feldstein or Greta Gerwig?

Why is Kelly Ripa there?  Isn't the guy who replaced Strahan the same person who unleashed the Kardashians on the world?

Respected Contributor

At 82 Jane Fonda has sure kept herself in great shape.  I like her gray pixie haircut and she carries herself so well.  She presented for Best Picture of the Year at the end.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

I guess I will have to break down and watch "Parasite."

The subtitles were a bit off putting but it seemed to win everything under the sun tonight.

I was happy to see Brad and Joaquin win.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

I was expecting Jane to start off thanking the Academy for the In Memorium to her brother Peter. Love her gray pixie too. So much better than her former blond hair at her age.
Respected Contributor

Charlize Theron really impresses me with her ability to become the character of whatever role she is playing.  In her nominated role tonight of Bombshell and her Academy Award winning performance in Monster, I had a hard time recognizing her.  Part of it is makeup, but her performances are spot on!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes i watched, and loved the show. But sadly have not seen Parasite yet, because it never came here! (We go to movies almost weekly year round). I'm surprised (but glad) Joker was nominated because I get sick of them not nominating the comic book type movies for much of anything but special effects or costumes. Often comic book movies are the top movies of the year and should be nominated more IMO! I did see and love all of the other movies nominated this year. But I think the Midway war movie was better than the nominated 1917 war movie (although I liked both). That Marriage story movie was depressing to me (although good acting). And about Brads hair? I think his hair looks great. I don't go for the new buzz cut /shaved heads now days on men. And I adore Leo. Hes always helping the world! 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I just saw a quick view of Brad Pitt.  His hair looks awful.  He looked so much better when he was with Angelina.  I wonder if his hair is for a role he is playing.

yes... The role of a single guy!Woman LOL

Valued Contributor

Great show tonight who needs a host.terrible opening act.

KELLY RIPA is hot hot.

EMINEM just killed it tonight. best musical performance

ever.

Honored Contributor

I didn't watch the Oscars.  There was a garden show on Q - Sandra Bennett with the Robertas - so I watched that instead.  However, I must say that Sandra is not a very convincing gardening host.

Trusted Contributor

@Mersha,,

I agree - will have to see Parasite out of curiosity.  I had no idea what it was about to get so many awards during the previous award shows leading to the Oscar.  

I did see the Judy Garland movie and thought Renee Z was spot on.