Honored Contributor

Re: Will you watch the Oscars tonight?

[ Edited ]

No. But I will watch E!'s Red Carpet show. I miss Joan R.

Honored Contributor

Of course, a bunch of us get together and " critique " the outfits. I don't mind the politics, if I had a platform I would use it too.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Yes, I have seen all the movies  except one ! I love the movies altho a few of them nominated I thought were not so good. For those that do not watch and state its all about the politics ....it is a long show and many just are grateful for winning and are appreciative,  a few others do plug their stance and that is OK by me if it is brief ....love we have freedom of speech in this country and 8/10 times I agree with them. The beauty of TV is the mute button if it grinds your gears . Love to see all the fashion as well!

Esteemed Contributor

I've watched Oscars since I was a youngster; wouldn't miss it (or the dresses--on both men and women).  I don't mind the politics of the rest of it!  Remember it's an industry awards show, so intrinsically, it's not designed specifically for us!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When there are threads discussing entertainment awards programming, some choose to post their displeasure with the political comments aired.  And that is OK.  The First Amendment was enacted to protect every citizen, be they forum poster or professional artist.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Of course, a bunch of us get together and " critique " the outfits. I don't mind the politics, if I had a platform I would use it too.

I feel if you win, it's your time you earned it, say whatever you want.

Honored Contributor

@newjersey wrote:

I hope Once Upon a Time in Hollywood wins for best picture tonight.  I hope I can stay awake for the show Man Very Happy

I usually watch the whole show.  Will watch it off and on tonight, since I vote on Tuesday, and watching the election news is more of a priority for me. 

Respected Contributor

I will watch a good portion of it.

It is only on once a year and I enjoy seeing the fashion (or lack thereof).

Hopefully, Brad Pitt will win Supporting Actor and Joaquin Phoenix, Best Actor.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Trusted Contributor

No.

Honored Contributor

No

last time I watched was in high school even then I saw it was fake as can be