Honored Contributor

Re: Will you be watching The Grammy Awards Sunday?

@Sooner wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

i disagree @Annabellethecat66.

if you feel that way, then it is of course best to skip the awards.

i like hearing what they have to say and it is generally relevant to our situation now.

i dont find silencing people to be a good thing.

I don't believe in silencing people either.  But I do believe that businesses and entertainers (they are a business as well) should stick to their knitting while they are doing business.  As a matter of fact I think when you use a business as a forum for your views you are simply asking all who disagree with your point to view to NOT patronize your business. 

So in that case, I think a lot of people are choosing to express their unhappiness with the preaching and belitting that is coming from businesses now by opting out of buying from them.  GOOD for the people who do! 

The new guy needs to do this as well.

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

60 minutes is also interviews with Beyoncé, Adele and Bruno Mars. 

I will record the show and watch the performances I like.

Anyone else?

I did not know 60 minutes was doing interviews with them.  I love Adele and Bruno Mars music.  Beyonce is fun to watch perform.  Not a fan of her music though.  I will tape it.  Thanks for the heads up.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Annabellethecat66,

I personally heard it repeated multiple times on Fox that all the award show ratings are down.  It's not true.  Golden Globes scored the highest ratings in three years.  The SAG awards got double last year's rating. 

The demos are very desirable on the movie/tv award shows.  I'm not familiar with the music awards shows but the film/tv awards attract young, college-educated viewers of both sexes, a dream for most advertisers as that audience can be hard to capture.

Sometimes Fox says things that just aren't true. I can provide accurate sources to back up my post if anyone wants.

If anyone watches fox, you always , always have to fact check them. 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Annabellethecat wrote: 
I can laugh about many things (and people), just keep it equal.   We already know that everyone of these people will be bad mouthing the same person.  How do I know?  Because if they didn't they'd be thrown out of the industry.  That's how things go these days...or haven't you noticed @sunshine45??  ¶  I'm always interested in what people say, but not when they are broken records...(hint).  

I agree but today, there are the thought police and then there are the rest of us.  I certainly agree about what she said about being thrown out of the industry.  Entertainment or entertainment posing as news is in lock step.  ¶  That's my opinion on today.  We can't have a civil discussion because now some views are forbidden.

Isn't that also a form of silencing?

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

i like hearing what they have to say and it is generally relevant to our situation now.

I don't believe in silencing people either.  But I do believe that businesses and entertainers (they are a business as well) should stick to their knitting while they are doing business.  As a matter of fact I think when you use a business as a forum for your views you are simply asking all who disagree with your point to view to NOT patronize your business. 

So in that case, I think a lot of people are choosing to express their unhappiness with the preaching and belitting that is coming from businesses now by opting out of buying from them.  GOOD for the people who do! 

It's a shame QVC can't/won't take this hint.  So many political agendas being pushed in this community.  I guess if they cared, they'd actually read the threads and do something about it.  Very one-sided here.

Super Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

AMEN

Honored Contributor

Hope Kanye is still in the mental place and won't ruin it for everybody.

Hope he stays in there.

Honored Contributor

Turned on the E channel looking for red carpet stuff, there was all kinds of unusual on there. You know it's bad when Kris Jenner provides a sense of normalcy. They have way too much time to fill.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

i don't really look to entertainers for elevated and educated policy and strategy discussion.  !!

Super Contributor

Absolutely NOT. Gotten "too political".