Valued Contributor

To all the Will and Grace fans, new episodes to return this Thursday, Feb. 1st!  Will & Grace are supposed to go on a home shopping network to sell something and, get this, supposed to be QVC.  From the commerical I saw, it didn't look like QVC's actual set, so I'm thinking maybe they are just using the idea and their name.  It sounds like a fun episode to watch.   

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the tip LeoGrl. I will check it out. I'm enjoying the revival of Will and Grace. I still feel the series has legs. But I do feel sorry for both characters Will and Grace. How come they can't find mates ? Will is particularly puzzling. A successful gay lawyer living in Manhattan. Grace is such a beautiful woman why can't see keep a man ? I have to wonder if they both self sabotage their relationships ?

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Thanks for the tip LeoGrl. I will check it out. I'm enjoying the revival of Will and Grace. I still feel the series has legs. But I do feel sorry for both characters Will and Grace. How come they can't find mates ? Will is particularly puzzling. A successful gay lawyer living in Manhattan. Grace is such a beautiful woman why can't see keep a man ? I have to wonder if they both self sabotage their relationships ?

I thought the episode in which she encountered her former husband was one of the better “new”ones. I’d like to see them have a chance to reconcile while dealing with the dynamic of her relationship with Will.

Respected Contributor

I always loved Leo on Will and Grace.  I was apprehensive when they brought the show back, but I am loving it.  I had a Welsh Terrier I named Just Jack because he was crazy like Jack.

Trusted Contributor

This should be fun.  I've always wondered why we haven't seen more dramatic representations of home shopping networks in TV and film.  I always thought that Christopher Guest, who does "mockumentaries" like "Best In Show" and "Waiting for Guffman," should do a behind the scenes mockumentary about a home shopping channel.  There are so many specific types of big personalities that I think it would make a funny movie to see how they all interact when the cameras aren't rolling.

Esteemed Contributor

I have always liked Will and Grace, but have been a bit disappointed in these new ones.  Too many references to politics and too much emphasis on s*x, so far anyway.  Hopefully the one on Tuesday will be different.

I thought that at the end of the original run that Grace was pregnant.  Was that explained at all, or are we to assume that never happened?

Also, Karen's husband had already died.  But in one of these new episodes, I thought she said something about going home to have s*x with Stan, as if he were still alive.  Maybe I did not hear it correctly.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips, Grace had a little girl named Laila.  The finale showed Grace and Laila (layla?) at college and Will was dropping his son off, who was located across the hall from her.  Laila and the son (can't remember his name) met in the hallway and took off for coffee and Will and Grace walked out of the respective rooms looking for their kids and ran into each other, after not seeing each other for 18 years (or whatever it was).  The show ended with them walking off together.

It has not been addressed on the new series, but they do mention Leo and Vince.

Trusted Contributor

They basically did a reset.  Both Will and Grace are single.  Grace is childless and divorced from Leo. Jack is single, and Karen is married to Stan.  I just saw a commercial for Thursday’s episode, and they specifically referenced QVC.  

Honored Contributor

I also saw the promo and it said they go on QVC, but it did not look like it.

Honored Contributor

That should be fun!  I've loved this show since it first began and am still enjoying it a great deal.   All four characters are great but I suppose my favs are Jack and Karen.