Honored Contributor

So was anyone else let down by the finale? I wanted to see both Grace's baby boy and Will's baby girl come into the world, learn their names. Also am I right in thinking we have never seen Stanley, like we've never seen Vera, Norm from Cheer's wife, and Howard's mother from The Big Bang Theory?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Will & Grace Series Finale

@Jordan2 wrote:

So was anyone else let down by the finale? I wanted to see both Grace's baby boy and Will's baby girl come into the world, learn their names. Also am I right in thinking we have never seen Stanley, like we've never seen Vera, Norm from Cheer's wife, and Howard's mother from The Big Bang Theory?

@Jordan2 

I, too was hoping to see the babies, and yes, we have never seen Stan.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

The original series finale was always ranked #1 as my least favorite finale of any show. Hated it and was an insult to it’s fans (as a reminder - Will and Grace grew apart after they had their respective children and didn’t see or talk to each other again until their children were in college.)

So, compared to that, this finale was much improved.

I also enjoyed the after show. I wondered if it was just Eric McCormack/Will because of Covid.
Trusted Contributor

Not really disappointed as I really wasn't into the reboot.  It was OK; I did make time to watch it.  I still watch the old reruns on COZI.

You are correct; we have never seen Stanley.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

I was not at all let down, I think it pulled the series together with a nice ending, I also liked the after show 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I've learned not to over-expect when it comes to series finales.  Did finally see the original finale on Cozi and liked it.  No Val, tho.  

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I did not watch this reboot of Will and Grace,I always forgot when it was on. I am curious if Harry Connick Jr was back?  I did not enjoy the finale of the original show.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine 919  Harry Connick Jr. never returned in the reboot (or, at least, not that I recall during the last 3/4 years.)  I think it's because they wanted to separate themselves completely from the previous finale and pretty much rewrote it in the first episode as a drug induced hallucination of Karen.

Speaking of which, I just recently reread how the wrote it in the first episode.  Karen pretty much jokes that "nobody wants to see you raising your kids" or something similar. So, getting back to the OP's comment about missing the kids, I think it was a specific choice to keep it about the friendship of the main four characters, giving them a better ending than the original version.  My opinion at least.

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched this series finale, including the additional episode, yet but I'm glad some like it.

The thing with Stan, like with Maris (on Frasier) and the ones Jordan mentioned - it seems like when shows do this they keep it that way to the bitter end.  Well, we did see Norm's wife on Cheers at some point.   It's kind of a fun thing that, IMO, would be kind of ruined if you finally see them because each person has their own vision of what that person looks like and showing them will just give you somebody else's view.

I'll miss this show.  I've loved it from the beginning.  My favorites were always Jack and Karen, though, and hope to see those actors in another comedy.  I also like the others and have enjoyed Eric McCormack also in a drama type piece.   I'll miss the characters!  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

BTW, I just remembered this - I was reading something online recently and saw that the woman who played Norm's wife on Cheers was actually the actor's real-life wife.    I thought that was pretty cool.  Smiley Happy