Honored Contributor

Re: Will You be Watching the Movie "Chappaquiddick?"

@LolaMontezwrote:

I would rather have a needle in my eye than watch it.  The media dragged on ad nauseum for months on end when these events actually happened, I certainly don't want to re-live them.  Manson, OJ Simpson, etc.  UGH!

My feelings also.

Respected Contributor

No

Honored Contributor

It's a story worth telling, if told truthfully.

A story about the youngest son from one of the most priviledged families in the US.

Makes a horrible decision.

But it's part of a string of bad decisions

It's like a Greek tragedy with plenty of blame to go around, sins of the father and all that too. The victim did not die in the wreck, she died because he left her behind to die a slow death due to lack of oxygen.   She didn't drown.

The son went on to become the "Lion of the Senate"

I suppose in some way he tried to make amends

I would have much rather see him make his amends in prison for life.

I'm not interested in this upcoming movie.

Respected Contributor

@sunalawrote:

I just watched the trailer and it looks very interesting. I don't know if anything new will be learned about the "accident" and subsequent drowning death of Mary Jo Kopechne, but I'll be interested in seeing what they do with this story and how they portray Ted Kennedy.

Do you want to see this movie? I know I do.

Not if Hollywood white washes it and makes it look like he wasn’t guilty of her death.  

Esteemed Contributor

I had no idea that there would be a movie of this tragedy and have no plans to watch it.  The love affair with this family and the excuses of this crime have always disgusted me.  I have never understood why such a coward, who ran home to mommy when MaryJo was drowning, could become a "statesman."  The family and everything related to it should just fade way out of the spotlight.  You would think that his children would not want this brought up again.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

NO. Can't believe they would make a movie about the drunken murderer, he should have gone to prison. Never liked the whole clan, most of them abused alcohol and/or drugs and were involved in many scandals. I feel so sorry for MaryJo's family.

Respected Contributor

I know I wouldn't pay to see it   Maybe I'll watch it on netflix or Amazon prime.   It doesn't have very good reviews.

Esteemed Contributor

@Irish1210wrote:

Yes, I would like to see the movie ~

@sunala I love your avatar ~ vanilla bottom half-moon cookies are my favorite!!!  They are a staple in my area : )

hi @Irish1210 - we sure do love our "black and white" cookies, as they call them here in NY.  I'm thinking maybe you are in the Baltimore area?

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@softwarewrote:

It's a story worth telling, if told truthfully.

A story about the youngest son from one of the most priviledged families in the US.

Makes a horrible decision.

But it's part of a string of bad decisions

It's like a Greek tragedy with plenty of blame to go around, sins of the father and all that too. The victim did not die in the wreck, she died because he left her behind to die a slow death due to lack of oxygen.   She didn't drown.

The son went on to become the "Lion of the Senate"

I suppose in some way he tried to make amends

I would have much rather see him make his amends in prison for life.

I'm not interested in this upcoming movie.

@software- If, as you said, the story will be told truthfully, it could be very interesting. However, somehow I doubt that it will. I think we all know what really happened.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

Sometimes it is so sad to see what money and power can do. This movie is not one that I would want to see.