Honored Contributor

Re: Will You Watch The Emmys

The Emmys were on?????????????

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I watched. I thought it was bland. Sort of SNL, which I still watch the opening of the new ones . It was better than most Mondays on network tv. I like the host duo on SNL and alright last night.

I personally missed the political opinions. 

I love the fashions usually but didn't notice anything wonderful. I like Regina King as an actress , but thought the bodice of her dress was strange-- liked the color though.

Honored Contributor

I turned on the TV last night and this is what was on.  The co-hosts IMO couldn't have been anymore unfunny if they had tried.  I think I lasted 10 minutes before I changed the channel. 

Super Contributor

i  dont watch award shows. i especially would not watch now theyve become so political!

Respected Contributor

I enjoyed it, and it even ended on time !

Honored Contributor

I love Colin and Michael, however I don't think the comedy was clicking last night ( by anyone). I watched the first hour, I DVR'd it and watched the rest this morning (I was watching Salvation and Elementary which while I'm on the subject seems like a show that maybe wasn't coming back, but is, the show ended with Sherlock and Joan leaving New York for England, Sherlock said we're two people that love each other, I hope they don't become romantically involved). Getting back to the Emmys, I was happy The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Game Of Thrones, and The Assassination Of Gianni Versace cleaned up ( especially Darrin Criss). It's about time Matthew Rhys (The Americans) won, happy about Thandie Newton (Westworld), and who doesn't like Henry Winkler (Barry, and formerly The Fonz).

Respected Contributor

I dvr'd the Emmy's and watched on time delay so I did not have to deal with all of the ads. I fast forward through the ads.  For a change I had seen a lot of the shows.  I thought the awards in most cases were given to deserving people especially The American's awards. I thought The Americans was a clever, well written, well acted series that never got it just due. It would have been hard for The Americans to win Best Series over Game of Thrones - a spectacular series.  I was sorry that Keri Russell did not win, but Claire Foy was wonderful as the young Queen Elizabeth in The Crown.  I am sure it was a difficult choice for the voters.

As far as comedy finally Henry Winkler won an emmy.  He never won when he portrayed the iconic character of The Fonz. Also the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is a fabulous series on Amazon Prime. i thorought enjoyed watching. It deserved all of its Emmy Awards.

It is always fun to see the beautiful gowns.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I didn't know they were on and if I had, I wouldn't have watched them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Watched about 10 minutes here and there.

No too entertaining.

Most of MY SHOWS received no credit, as far as I could tell.

Do like Regina King.

Did love “The Americans.”

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Emmy Award ratings hit all-time low.

Hollywoods "latest middle finger to Middle America fell flat in flyover country, and may have contributed to the telecast's all-time low viewership.”