Honored Contributor

Re: Will You Watch The Emmys

@colliemom4 wrote:

I normally don't, but I may watch some of it because I do hope that Darren Criss wins an Emmy for his role in The Assassination Of Gianni Versace. He did a spectacular job playing that role. I read that the man who played Versace and Penelope Cruz were nominated for their roles in it as well. Some other actors/actresses in that series may have been too

(bolded by me)   So do I!  He was so brilliantly haunting in that role that he's my pick and I don't even know who else is nominated in his category.

Honored Contributor

Yep.  Can’t wait!

and I’ll watch the “pre game show” on E, starting at 6:00. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I sure will, I enjoy Colin and Michael, it should be a good time .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Zero interest, won't watch.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I enjoy watching them.  Also love both Colin and Michael.  But I'll probably watch a bit later so I can FF through commercials.

Honored Contributor

No.  Too many award shows for me.

Honored Contributor

Definitley yes, look forward to them every year.

Esteemed Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

Stopped watching all those awards shows.....it has just become a stage for these actors who should be there to honor the creativity and acting in television shows...but ends up being a captive audience for stars with big egos,...preaching  their opinions (anyone disagreeing is WRONG)  and political bashing.....the glamour of years back during these awards has diminished......

-----------------

I have not watched an award show for several years for the reasons you mentioned.  The show should be obout the winners and their great acting, but so often becomes political preaching to the audience.

I will catch up on the winners tomorrow on the Internet!!

Valued Contributor

@kelsey17What you said.  The award shows used to be an event that my sisters and I looked forward to.  Now it's become who can say the most outrageous political and social statements before getting bleeped.  I don't need a 3 hour sermon from a bunch of people, frankly most that I don't even know or have ever heard of, telling me their beliefs.  I'll just watch reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond.

Honored Contributor

Probably not. I feel the same way about awards shows as some do about beauty pageants... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...