Honored Contributor

Re: Will You Watch The Emmys

No.   I don’t normally watch this type of show, since the highlights are repeated over and over on all networks for a week afterwards.   

Esteemed Contributor

I’ll watch the red carpet until my husband starts complaining. Then I’ll tune in to the Emmy awards during commercials while I watch something else.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I normally don't, but I may watch some of it because I do hope that Darren Criss wins an Emmy for his role in The Assassination Of Gianni Versace. He did a spectacular job playing that role. I read that the man who played Versace and Penelope Cruz were nominated for their roles in it as well. Some other actors/actresses in that series may have been too

Esteemed Contributor

At best I will DVR it and start it a bit in so I can FF through any political stuff and/or preaching.

Honored Contributor

@DukeBlueNan wrote:

I do like Colin and Michael and love Weekend Update, but doubt I'll watch.  

What she said.

Esteemed Contributor

Stopped watching all those awards shows.....it has just become a stage for these actors who should be there to honor the creativity and acting in television shows...but ends up being a captive audience for stars with big egos,...preaching  their opinions (anyone disagreeing is WRONG)  and political bashing.....the glamour of years back during these awards has diminished......

Respected Contributor

Yes.  Since most award shows have aired on Sunday nights, I thought I missed it.  Looking forward to it, since I like many of the nominees.

Esteemed Contributor

I hardly know the actors since there is so many companies and stations th ey  are on. Nexflex etc. Gotta save some money also. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'll watch Red Carpet arrivals and first hour of show, then switch over to watch "Better Call Saul", then switch back to see the end of the Emmy's.  I can always catch up tomorrow on who won awards by doing an online search or reading a thread on this forum.

Honored Contributor

Related image

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”