Honored Contributor

Re: Will Trent, season 2 starts 02/20

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

That actress looked SO familiar ... but I just couldn't recall her name.

@Tinkrbl44   the actress is Susan Kelechi Watson who played Beth Pearson on This Is Us. She would have been an excellent addition to the cast of Will Trent.

Susan Kelechi Watson in 'Will Trent' Season 2

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44   the actress is Susan Kelechi Watson who played Beth Pearson on This Is Us. She would have been an excellent addition to the cast of Will Trent.

@Tique 

Thank you!  I didn't watch This Is Us regularly, so it didn't come to mind.  Yes, should would have been a good addition, but it would have totally messed up the Angie/Will thing which seems to be the primary relationship on that show for now.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Tique 

Thank you!  I didn't watch This Is Us regularly, so it didn't come to mind.  Yes, should would have been a good addition, but it would have totally messed up the Angie/Will thing which seems to be the primary relationship on that show for now.

@Tinkrbl44   maybe it would have messed up the Angie thing. Maybe not. We weren't allowed to see what would have happened. Based on what we I do know: Angie treats Will like c-r-a-p a lot of the time; she takes for granted he will always be there. Even though she is the only person he's seeing, there are at least two other people she has been intimate with - her partner and the doctor she blackmailed into signing her release. Cricket and Will could have become friends who flirted with each other a lot and it never went further or it could have. Either way putting someone else into the mix to me would have been/still could be a good thing. 

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Honored Contributor

Susan Kelechi Watson is a wonderful actress. I am disappointed her role ended so tragically. I think a relationship with Will would have been needed to perk things up a bit.

Now Will seems to be regressing into his past but Cricket could have helped him while Angie has too many of her own issues. 

Need more Betty too.🐾❤️

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Has anyone here read the Will Trent book series? 

It looks like about a dozen books.  I love to read series but think it might "ruin" the show for me.  Just about every TV show taken from a book has to be changed quite a bit.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Thank you, @Tique !  I knew I recognized her but couldn't place her!

Frequent Contributor

I loved the pool scene between Will and Angie. Also, it reminded me that Erika Christensen starred in Swimfan. 

Trusted Contributor

I was not sure if I was going to like the show as I have read most of the Will Trent Series books by Karin slaughter. I have missed the last 2 books.  And I loved the books. Angie in the books always treats Will badly. They had a back and forth relationship until Will becomes involved with Dr. Sarah Linton.  

I gave the show a try and I found myself really enjoying the show.  

Honored Contributor

Havent watched this show but set the dvr to record it this week to check it out!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Has anyone here read the Will Trent book series? 

It looks like about a dozen books.  I love to read series but think it might "ruin" the show for me.  Just about every TV show taken from a book has to be changed quite a bit.  

@Tinkrbl44 

I've read all of the Will Trent books, and yes they have changed a LOT for the TV series.  In the books Will finally disintangles himself from Angie and has an ongoing relationship with Dr. Sara Linton.  About midway through the series, the books are all about Will and Sara, with Angie just an ongoing irritation.  The other thing that is somewhat disconcerting for me is that they changed the physical appearance of the main characters.  Will is a tall, thin  blond guy in the books.  Faith and Amanda are both Caucasion blonds, and Angie is Hispanic if I remember correctly.  So yeah, a lot of differences. But I love the Will Trent series probably as much as the books.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett