Honored Contributor

Re: Will Not Be Watching DWTS This Season

There are only two "stars" that I don't know this year.  I've never heard of Hayes Grier or Alexa Penavega.  I don't like Paula Deen at all.  For that reason I may not watch all of it this year.  Maybe I'll record it and fast forward through Paula's dances.  I wish it wasn't on opposite The Voice.  I've watched since the 2nd season.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Watching Gary Busey will be a hoot!  But he will probably be out early.  Erin Andrews' voice is way too nasal for me. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Contributor

I stopped watching after the second season.  It looks the same to  me.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I stopped watching when Julianne became the fourth judge, but this season there are a lot of dancers I want to see. We'll see how long I can put up with Julianne! Smiley Wink

Interesting comment. I still watch, but for some reason I don't care for Julianne as a judge either. Loved her as a professional dancer helping the celebrity win the trophy. But when she gives her critique of the performance, I push the mute button. Haven't quite figured out what I don't like about her judging. Think it is not so much what she says as it is HOW she says it. 

Honored Contributor

@FindingMyJoy wrote:
I'm in the minority but I still enjoy this show! Last season, I didn't know hardly any of the "stars" but they turned out to be some of the better dancers I've seen. It made it a good competition. I don't mind that the contestants aren't A listers....because we all know those A listers would be busy working doing other stuff. I do think they are reaching a bit now just to get the young voters so they keep adding younger contestants - esp if they can include a young guy to get the young girl swoon votes. I will miss Len - he gave legitimate comments about the actual dance. Julianne is a horrid judge - any other relatives dancing this season that she can't give anything but glowing reviews to? Someone mentioned Maks doing judging? Now that is 1 idea that could be interesting! He definitely speaks his mind plus he has the dance skills and knowledge to give legit comments.

Each season I say I won't watch again because I don't know the people, especially anyone from the rap music world. But each time I start the new season with these unknowns (to me), I find it very interesting to find out more about them. There have been so many who I didn't know (race car drivers, sports stars, etc.), and after seeing them go thru what they go thru, finding out about their background (childhood), and seeing what they have done to rise to the top or near top in their field, it is always inspiring to me. So it really doesn't matter anymore that I don't know the people. After a few shows of the season, I find another person whose life has been opened up to me, and that always makes me think more about others and their trials/joys. I am especially looking forward to getting to know the Paula Dean that isn't in the headlines. What her aspirations were growing up and what she has gone thru. You don't have to agree with a person's actions to learn something from them.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't watched since the first season.

I know who Chaka Khan, Kim Zolciak are. Kim was on the Real Housewives of Atlanta and now has her show called Tardy for the Party.

Paula Deen must want the publicity.

Never heard of the rest of the cast.This show has gone below the C and D list of celebrities.

Honored Contributor

I have watched from Day One, and probably will continue to do so. I usually say I will decide after the first show if I will continiue to watch, and I think I only not watched one Season so far, I am very interested in seeing a few of these people so will watch. Does it start this Monday or Monday Sept 21st? 

Trusted Contributor

SF Girl, I was thinking the same thing, this season looks terrible!  I think it's the worst group of "stars" they've ever had.  I did see that one of the American heroes who helped take down that terrorist on the train in France will be a contestant.  Pretty good bet that he'll win the season and I hope he does.

Respected Contributor

I have never seen the show......

Even though I have never heard of most of the "celebrities" , I would check it out this year but, unfortunately, I've already committed to watching paint dry.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been watching it less and less over the past few years. I usually go online since I am on the west coast and it is three hours difference to see who was eliminated. That way I can decide if I want to watch it or not.  Not fond of Julianne either. I wish they would give Derek the older women once in a while. The same people get the same type of dancer or age group each time. Tony and a couple of others are always getting stuck with the 60 plus group while Derek always gets the teens or 20 something.