Super Contributor

Will Not Be Watching DWTS This Season

I've watched every season of this show.   My Dad and I would watch because he was a dancer in his youth.   I could get around some of the unknowns they call "celebrities," but not this upcoming season.   

I only know Paula Dean (and can't stand her), Bindy and maybe one more person.  The others I have no clue who they are so it will not hold my interest.    I wish they would have more recognizable contestants.    It seems as the years go by, the show is getting less and less interesting to watch.

Oh well, I guess I'll be watching more of Monday Night Football.   I always loved DWTS because it was entertaining and a nice distraction from the stress in my life.

I'm thinking that maybe less and less celebs want to go on it and turn them down when they are asked.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Will Not Be Watching DWTS This Season

I too have given up on DWTS.

Besides the fact that most of the constestants are not really "stars" I absolutely HATE the camera work. I know, I'm old-fashioned.

Plant the camera so I can see the whole area where the dancers are dancing and ditch the "change the angle every 3 seconds." I think they partailly do that to cover up any mis-steps and mistakes.

The costumes have become a little risque too, for prime-time viewing.

Honored Contributor

I stopped watching when Julianne became the fourth judge, but this season there are a lot of dancers I want to see. We'll see how long I can put up with Julianne! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I liked the way the show used to be.  But I know they are worried about keeping viewers and ratings.  And, of course, they are trying, I am sure, to get the younger crowd interested.  I thought Len was the best judge and I will miss him a lot.  I never really cared much for the rest of them.  Don't care for Julianne at all.  I like Tom, the announcer.  

The dancing has changed, too, it seems.  Trying to be very modern, and yes, some of the costumes are a little bit much.  Or should I say --- at little bit less???  

And as for "stars" -- I don't know many of the people dancing either.  

I will give it a shot but the show doesn't have the appeal for me it used to.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

ITA.   At least in the begining it was Dancing with  "has-been" stars.  I lost interest in the show long ago.  I may tune in for a show once a season.

Honored Contributor

I like the way the show has evolved incorporating so many dance styles and not just the same old ones.  I will miss Len and would really like Tony to replace him or Max.  I don't like the theme nights and would sooner just see dances without all the emotion of memorable year, Disney, etc.  Another thing I could do without Erin Andrews as she seems so awkward and her questions don't flow like the other 2 hosts' questions and interactions did.

Honored Contributor

Agree with pook....find another hostess and replace MS.HUFF with TONY.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never understood what the attraction was to watching has beens or B grade out of work ex personalities dance. Awful show. 

The he only show I remember that was slightly entertaining was when Kate plus Eight with all the kids was on....she was so bad....like a refrigerator with legs....

Trusted Contributor

I'm in the minority but I still enjoy this show! Last season, I didn't know hardly any of the "stars" but they turned out to be some of the better dancers I've seen. It made it a good competition. I don't mind that the contestants aren't A listers....because we all know those A listers would be busy working doing other stuff. I do think they are reaching a bit now just to get the young voters so they keep adding younger contestants - esp if they can include a young guy to get the young girl swoon votes. I will miss Len - he gave legitimate comments about the actual dance. Julianne is a horrid judge - any other relatives dancing this season that she can't give anything but glowing reviews to? Someone mentioned Maks doing judging? Now that is 1 idea that could be interesting! He definitely speaks his mind plus he has the dance skills and knowledge to give legit comments.
Honored Contributor

I usually decide each season after viewing the initial episode whether or not I'm going to watch the rest of the season.  

I really don't expect "real" stars to participate because they don't have that kind of time.

Julienne Hough should not be a judge as long as her brother is competing.  I'm sure she tries to be impartial but who knows if she always is.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)