Respected Contributor

Re: Wild story. Curious Case of Natalia Grace on Tonight 9 on ID

Okay...we just got done watching the whole thing, and they're all a bunch of nut-jobs!  I think they're all lying about different things.  Possibly the only one telling the truth is Jacob.  

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

This is definitely a bizarre story. Natalia definitely won the lottery for bad parents. I feel so sad for her when I think about them dumping her off to fend for herself in Lafayette. I think that Michael is absolutely crazy. I wish we could have heard from Christine but I'm imagining that she's probably worse than Michael or just as bad. I would have liked to have seen both parents receive punishment for what they did to Natalia.

I agree with you.  The thing that irritated me the most is that the dad was playing the victim and blaming everything on his wife and yet he did nothing.  Never once did he show any concern for Natalia, also what is wrong with his son and where was the son living.  He looked like his room was in a basement also what is wrong with the son.  What went on in that house.  If the mom is that abusive why didn't dad try to get custody of the other 2 boys.  None of this story makes sense.  Who was the lady who took her in and spent her food stamps.  Was she good to her?  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

When I first went to record this show, my Tv guide showed 5 episodes. Okay fine. But then when I went to watch them it seemed like two of those episodes were actually reruns but that wasn't indicated on the dates to be shown. So with the confusion already set in with viewing this series, I found it even more confusing when I actually got that part straightened out. What they covered in the series was confusing as well. Not the best planned show imo but it was interesting. I wouldn't recommend it.

Seemed to me that the show was more about Michael Barnett than it was about Natalia Grace.

Absolutely, I was not expecting all that time they gave him.  He was playing the victim.  That whole scene where he was beating the floor, Natalia would have had serious injuries.  I can't believe someone else married him.  And how many times did we need to see his car. 

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@SilleeMee the birth mother said Natalia was born in 2003, and the doctor(s) told her that she (Anna--the mother) was only 24 and (paraphrasing) too young to be burdened with a child like Natalia.  The doctor persuaded her to give up Natalia.  The birth mother already had one child.

@Ainhisg 

Yes, 2003. Thanks, that's what I thought but I wasn't sure.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

This is definitely a bizarre story. Natalia definitely won the lottery for bad parents. I feel so sad for her when I think about them dumping her off to fend for herself in Lafayette. I think that Michael is absolutely crazy. I wish we could have heard from Christine but I'm imagining that she's probably worse than Michael or just as bad. I would have liked to have seen both parents receive punishment for what they did to Natalia.

I agree with you.  The thing that irritated me the most is that the dad was playing the victim and blaming everything on his wife and yet he did nothing.  Never once did he show any concern for Natalia, also what is wrong with his son and where was the son living.  He looked like his room was in a basement also what is wrong with the son.  What went on in that house.  If the mom is that abusive why didn't dad try to get custody of the other 2 boys.  None of this story makes sense.  Who was the lady who took her in and spent her food stamps.  Was she good to her?  

Yes. Her dad could have done something. I believe the son was living/staying in Michael's basement. He was diagnosed with mild autism but is also a genius with an extremely high intelligence level. That happens to some autistic individuals.  Whatever happened in that house makes it sound like a house of horrors. I'd move if I could. A lot of the series really doesn't make sense. I feel it was poorly done. I did see the lady who Natalia lives with on Dr. Phil. She was a neighbor of Natalia's. Her husband is a minister and they seemed to treat her well. At least she's being taken care of. Hopefully they aren't scammers but she's been with them for years now.

Valued Contributor

It was very confusing ....... I stopped watching it. But was the mother found guilty and where is she now ?

Respected Contributor

They said the birth mom in Ukraine was born in 1979, & when they re-aged Natalia, they listed her as born in 1989 which is nearly impossible.  Birth mom said Natalia was born in 2003, I wonder if they corrected her age in her records?

Histrionic dad has to go thru a trial (he drove a different car in every scene!), yet charges were dismissed against the mom?   Things just don't make sense in that story.

Honored Contributor

@Danky2 wrote:

It was very confusing ....... I stopped watching it. But was the mother found guilty and where is she now ?

@Danky2 , no, they dropped the charges due to not enough evidence. The problem was that the judge ruled there could be no mention of her being re-aged or that she was younger than the age listed on her re-aged birth certificate.  Therefore, all charges were for them abusing a grown woman, not a child.  

Valued Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Danky2 wrote:

@Danky2 , no, they dropped the charges due to not enough evidence. The problem was that the judge ruled there could be no mention of her being re-aged or that she was younger than the age listed on her re-aged birth certificate.  Therefore, all charges were for them abusing a grown woman, not a child.  

@Icegoddess -------thanks so much !

Respected Contributor

Sounds like I made a better choice to watch FDR on the History Channel for those three nights.Cat LOL

I'm not short...I'm fun size!