Honored Contributor

Re: Wild story. Curious Case of Natalia Grace on Tonight 9 on ID

@SilleeMee Do you by any chance have DirecTV?  When I record a Series, it'll usually record it when it re-runs whether it has already been recorded or not.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SilleeMee Do you by any chance have DirecTV?  When I record a Series, it'll usually record it when it re-runs whether it has already been recorded or not.  

@Icegoddess 

Yes, I have DirecTV. I think that might have been the problem when I took the option to record the series rather than record individual episodes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

Well, that was quite a disappointing ending.  Nothing happened to the parents, and Michael seems to think he was completely exonerated.  Maybe it's just the way he is, or he was trying to be upbeat, but the way he was acting when he was with his lawyer was like he was almost giddy and flippant, both before and after the trial while waiting for  the verdict.  And then at the very end when they showed him some final piece of evidence but cut it off so we didn't get to see what it was.  That didn't go over well with me at all.  This was supposed to be a documentary, not a movie.  

And what was that bit at the end about not giving the camera the crying version as though he could cry on demand if he wanted to?

@Icegoddess 

M.Barnett should apply for an acting job. I think he would be good at it.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess 

Yes, I have DirecTV. I think that might have been the problem when I took the option to record the series rather than record individual episodes.

@SilleeMee Yeah, I continually have to go in and delete reruns of things I have the Series recorded. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D  I watched the whole series and ended up feeling sorry for Natalia. So weird.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

We never made it through the end last night--will watch it later.

The father--very *theatrical*. 

The mother, gross, the pictures she sends her husband and during a nasty divorce.  Again, gross.

The beginning of this story, they had me afraid of Natalia.  And then the neighbors at the first apartment seemed afraid of her.

But when they would show shots of her just standing there, I felt so sorry for her.  She was severly disabled.

So if they swabbed her birth mother's mouth, are they able to determine her approx age?

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm 

Usually age is determined by x-ray of bones and teeth, not by any blood or swab test.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  I wasn't typing what I was thinking!  lol

I saw a quick promo of a woman getting her mouth swabbed.  So I figured they found her birth mother.  And was wondering if they were able to determine Natalia's date of birth.  (If the woman gave up that info or not.)

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@SilleeMee  I wasn't typing what I was thinking!  lol

I saw a quick promo of a woman getting her mouth swabbed.  So I figured they found her birth mother.  And was wondering if they were able to determine Natalia's date of birth.  (If the woman gave up that info or not.)

@Lucky Charm 

I saw that part in the show. Did she mention 2003 as the year? I can't remember..

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee the birth mother said Natalia was born in 2003, and the doctor(s) told her that she (Anna--the mother) was only 24 and (paraphrasing) too young to be burdened with a child like Natalia.  The doctor persuaded her to give up Natalia.  The birth mother already had one child.