Honored Contributor

Wild Card: The Downfall Of A Radio Loudmouth

This is a documentary on HBO Wednesday October 8 at 9:00. Now, unless you live in the tri-state area of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut you may not have heard about this. It's about shock jock Craig Carton of WFAN Sports Radio of the Boomer and Carton morning show. This guy had everything going for him, number one morning sports show in the envious market of New York, and he threw it all away. "Loudmouth chronicles the rise and fall of Craig Carton the former WFAN morning show radio host who was arrested by FBI agents and charged with conspiracy, wire fraud, and securities fraud on September 6, 2017".  He also was an out of control gambler, and spoiler alert, he did time in prison.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wild Card: The Downfall Of A Radio Loudmouth

I couldn't stand Carton before all of the gambling , and now it looks like he will be offered afternoon drive at WFAN. SMH. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 Joe and Evan do the afternoon drive, I can't see WFAN moving them. Craig should work the graveyard shift, work his way back.

Honored Contributor

LOL @ where the "spoiler alert" is. How can anyone avoid, by then, the spoiler? Not being snarky, it just struck me as funny.
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 Joe and Evan do the afternoon drive, I can't see WFAN moving them. Craig should work the graveyard shift, work his way back.

@Jordan2 , I read it in the post , so take it for what it''s worth . It's a bidpg rating  battle in the city,  so loyalty might go out the window.  I listen to Michael Kay , so  I don't care.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee unless you are familiar with him, you probably couldn't care less. People who know him, know how this case turned out, it was in the news.

Honored Contributor

I watched this documentary this morning. I think if you don’t know who he is you might not be interested in it. I liked it Craig seems very remorseful for what he has done. I don’t feel sorry for him, he is an adult, he made his own choices, I do feel sorry for his wife, kids, parents, and those that worked on the show with him, he didn’t think of any of them at all. At the end there was writing that said he has negotiated a radio contract, I wonder with whom?

Trusted Contributor

I thought maybe, your post was going to be about Rush Limbaugh!  

I'm not familiar with the actual subject. 

Honored Contributor

So for those of you who listen to WFAN Sports Radio from NYC know Joe Benigno from the Joe and Evan radio show. Joe has talked about retiring often he made it official today, a week from Friday is his last day. Anyway I read Craig Carton will take over for Joe in the prime real estate of afternoon drive time. He should count his lucky stars The Fan is giving him a second chance. I have to wonder though if Joe was pushed out.