Valued Contributor

The Paramount Channel had a sneak preview I believe Thursday night.   The one couple's last name was Benner.  They lived in an absolutely gorgeous, pristine home.  The wife was extremely regimented and a total control freak.  Her husband was some kind of attorney, worked as much as possible, and he and his wife showed zero affection to each other.  She treated everyone around her like minions, always with a phony, condescending smile on her face.  She wouldn't budge an inch in her thinking.  Well I got a phone call right when the 2 couples got together and I missed the ending but I think it stated that the control freak and her husband were getting divorced.  Did anyone see this and can you tell me what happened?

Honored Contributor

I think that's a show that used to be on a few years ago.  Did they start it back up with new people?

Are all of these repeats?  I used to enjoy watching this when it was first on.  Does anyone know?

Valued Contributor

It's the same concept but all the episodes are new.  I think I read that the show's been off the air for at least 5 years and it's being updated to include alternative lifestyles.  I never was a faithful viewer, but the episode the other night  had one of the coldest women I've ever seen.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I think that's a show that used to be on a few years ago.  Did they start it back up with new people?

Are all of these repeats?  I used to enjoy watching this when it was first on.  Does anyone know?

@Annabellethecat66   It's on Lifetime here and I have seen repeats, but maybe a new season will appear, maybe google will know.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  Thanks.  I know one of the shows I DVR have repeats coming on right after the show.

I DVR so many shows I can't even remember which one it is.  I knew it was an old Wife Swap because it had people on it who were famous quite some time back.  The 'coming attractions' made it sound like...."You won't believe who's on the show".  Ha!

Esteemed Contributor

That reminds me. If anyone saw the Celebrity Wife Swap with Ronn Moss, former soap star of I think it was The Young & The Restless. Or The Bold & The Beautiful maybe. He is..........maybe odd is the word. So unappealing. IMO

Honored Contributor

I saw a commercial about new episodes coming on. I've always felt like this series was pretty entertaining.

Honored Contributor

@bootsanne wrote:

The Paramount Channel had a sneak preview I believe Thursday night.   The one couple's last name was Benner.  They lived in an absolutely gorgeous, pristine home.  The wife was extremely regimented and a total control freak.  Her husband was some kind of attorney, worked as much as possible, and he and his wife showed zero affection to each other.  She treated everyone around her like minions, always with a phony, condescending smile on her face.  She wouldn't budge an inch in her thinking.  Well I got a phone call right when the 2 couples got together and I missed the ending but I think it stated that the control freak and her husband were getting divorced.  Did anyone see this and can you tell me what happened?

@bootsanne 

The rich couple apparently split up right after taping the show.  Too bad because from the way the husband talked, he really loved his wife and wanted things to improve and work out between them.  The way they were portrayed, the wife seemed very inflexible.  It indicated that they were both in other relationships and doing well.  As for the other couple, the father had installed some type of ninja fitness activity center in the yard for the whole family and the family was trying to eat somewhat healthier.  This couple was still happy and together. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 Thank you for the response. I figured out how to use the On Demand feature---I'm no technilogical genius--and was able to pull the episode up.  It said the rich couple  filed for divorce shortly after the taping of the show and were both in new relationships.  That was fast.  I hope the man found someone who will appreciate him because his wife seemed to put him down every chance she got..  I hope she gets some therapy for herself and her children.  So regimented with her need to control every aspect of their lives