Honored Contributor

Wicked City S01 E03 OAD 11/10 Looking for spoilers

[ Edited ]

I'm watching this show but our cable has been out since before noon yesterday.

I was able to re-schedule most of the shows I've missed so far, except for a couple of sitcoms and this show (network shows don't re-air like cable shows.  wahhh).

Anyway, on this third episode, is there anybody who watched and is willing to recap it?   I hate to be watching any show, but especially a serial- type show, and have missing episodes in the middle!  Smiley Sad

I sure hope we get our cable back soon, but I am trying not to be too whiney because I guess a lot of people around me didn't have electricity since about 4am yesterday.  I sure hope they got their power back last night because it's 20 degrees right now, so it was a fairly cold night.

Anyway, TIA for any info regarding last night's episode.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Well it's such a bizarre show it's hard to recap.  LOL

Spoiler

Kent gives Betty a copy of Phantom of the Opera so she can 'see' him.  She does, forgives him and they pick up another woman at the bar.

He lures the reporter and her friend to the library with clues and the cops are already there as the old body was a librarian there.   Where the Phantom of the Opera book should be is the last victums head.

Sounds like Kent was a teenager and was obsessed with the librarian.  Previews look like it's going to show a lot about his child hood.

This is the basics, more happened of course but nothing major for me anyway.

*ETA*  A man possibly an old boyfriend of Betty's gives her a hard time at her home, she blows him off but sees her leave with Kent and I'm sure he's going to follow them. 

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Deb - Thank You so much!!  I really do appreciate it.  This is the kind of show where you just cannot miss an episode.

The good news is that I happened to look about an hour ago and noticed that my TA was no longer blinking so the cable is back!  YAYYY!   Being without tv is very bizarre for me.  

I just hope the people around here without electricity are getting squared away, too.  I read, earlier, that all but a few thousand were back so hopefully by now it's all restored.

I like this show and will continue to watch.  I really like Sisto.   For a while there I wondered if I could get past his Billy Chenowith character from SFU.  That character was so profoundly repugnant that I had trouble with that guy.  But he's a decent actor and I enjoy him in both comedy and drama.

The 'bad guy' in this show is pretty compeling also!  Diana Ross' son is interesting.  I know I've seen him somewhere else but cannot remember where.

Honored Contributor

Just read, it is officially cancelled after only 3 episodes.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wicked City S01 E03 OAD 11/10 Looking for spoilers

True, canceled

Respected Contributor

Well that's a bummer.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Just read, it is officially cancelled after only 3 episodes.

Good, there is enough violence on TV already.

Honored Contributor

Well, I never watched it because it seemed to dark.  I don't mean violence, just artsy dark.

I think the wonderful thing about this country is that if there is something we don't like (ie violence, sex, etc) we don't have to watch it.  

I'm not advocating TV showing more of one or another, I'm just saying there are probably people who like it and at least I don't have to feel guilty.  What's that you say?  What do I mean?  

Well, it seems that every time I watch a show it....it gets canceled.  This time it isn't my fault!

Honored Contributor

My Tivo guide shows an episode coming up this Tuesday.  Maybe it has since updated, if they pulled it.  I guess I'll see.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

My Tivo guide shows an episode coming up this Tuesday.  Maybe it has since updated, if they pulled it.  I guess I'll see.  Smiley Happy

My guide also shows it on this Tuesday, however, when I was watching Shark Tank the other night it said to watch an additional  Shark Tank episode this Tuesday at 10:00. That would be the same timeslot as Wicked.

I did read that Shark Tank repeats are taking the place of Wicked for the immediate future.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum