Honored Contributor

Re: Why so much news about Britney. Who cares?

So what is the status of her case?   It has been denied and is over ... or are there more proceedings coming up?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44  Since you asked......

Britney Spears Her Lawyer, Sam Ingham, Will Resign from Conservatorship

7/6/2021 8:41 AM PT

Sam Ingham, the lawyer who has represented Britney Spears in her conservatorship, is resigning ... TMZ has learned.

We're told Ingham -- who has repped Britney for 13 years -- will file legal docs as early as today ... asking to be dismissed as Britney's court-appointed lawyer.

Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ, Ingham is extremely upset at Britney's statement in court ... that she never knew she could end the conservatorship. We're told Ingham regularly gave Britney options, including requesting that the conservatorship should end, but she never wanted to pull the plug.

britney and jamie spears instagram

Our sources say Britney did talk to Ingham about removing Jamie, but she never wanted to end the conservatorship. We're told the last straw was when Britney told the judge Ingham never told her what he's legally required to do ... namely inform her of her options.

We're told Ingham will not go into detail in his filing, because of attorney/client confidentiality.

Ingham will follow Larry Rudolph, Britney's longtime manager, who resigned Monday, saying he was informed Britney was retiring from performing, so there was no reason to continue as her manager. Britney accused Rudolph of forcing her to perform during the 2018 European tour, but as we reported, we're told there were a number of communications, including text messages at the time, in which Britney "begged" to go on the tour.

Our sources say there will be more resignations this week as well. We're also told at the next court hearing later this month, members of the conservatorship team will present evidence to the judge disputing many of the things Britney said in court.

As you know, Britney says the conservatorship has all but ruined her life.

SOURCE:  TMZ

icon_razz.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

I feel sorry for her
Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

It's actually very important. I don't know all the details except to recognize if the law can do this to her, it can do it to us, too.  That should give everyone pause.    

Does her conservatorship have an agenda...a financial one, and are they over-controlling, mismanaging every aspect of her life for that reason?  Does she need this much management?

Some with bipolar do.  I know someone who has it very badly, a real handful for his wife.  She is power of attorney now and can hospitalize him when he is out of control.  

If Britney married, she would be taken care of by her husband; therefore, not needing a conservatorship, but they don't want her to get married.  Why?

I don't think dad wants her married because the money could then be mishandled.  It sounds like she's being mistreated.

However, I haven't heard the dad talk.  I'm thinking Britney may still not be stable.  She's supposedly close to her family.

There's a lot not being said, could be publicity.   

Regular Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   Next court date is July 14...lots on the agenda. It's very unlikely there will be Zoom access (judge cut the Zoom access last time because someone was recording...at big no no). Very possible that the records will be sealed.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee 

Great response!  In addition, the forced birth control.  This is practiced in Communist China!

The US Court system should be protecting Britney, not treating her like a child.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate  "I haven't heard the dad talk."

And I hope he keeps his mouth shut "publicly."  I am quite sure he & attorney are doing all their "talking" in court in front of the judge.

The judge will base his/her opinion on FACTS & NOT public opinion.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Regular Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 So many new court documents filed...