Trusted Contributor

Why so much news about Britney. Who cares?

I don't understand why her case is on the news Every Day for weeks now. Her business. I don't need to know, nor want to know. Are we short on real news stories?

Honored Contributor

Re: Why so much news about Britney. Who cares?

I agree... like all these people getting into her "business" like they really care... and she still lost her case. WHO CARES.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't care about her back then and don't care about her now.  News to me is about things that affect people; her life doesn't affect me. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's actually very important. I don't know all the details except to recognize if the law can do this to her, it can do it to us, too.  That should give everyone pause.    

Does her conservatorship have an agenda...a financial one, and are they over-controlling, mismanaging every aspect of her life for that reason?  Does she need this much management?

Some with bipolar do.  I know someone who has it very badly, a real handful for his wife.  She is power of attorney now and can hospitalize him when he is out of control.  

If Britney married, she would be taken care of by her husband; therefore, not needing a conservatorship, but they don't want her to get married.  Why?

Respected Contributor

I guess her story is in the news like others we don't need to hear about, like the Royals. Actually, I feel sorry for her. I think her father is just bleeding her dry. 

Frequent Contributor

I really feel this is all about money. If she marries her husband would be in charge of everything her father has been in charge of and he no longer has access to her money. Very sad case.

Respected Contributor

Why so much news? 

Because it shines a spotlight on court ordered restrictions to an individual's personal freedom.

Her story exemplifies what those under Conservatorship, court ordered guardianship, go through. There are many Britneys who do not have her money and do not have her voice.

Honored Contributor

To what degree this conservancy went is really important.  It goes so far as to have mandated an IUD that she cannot remove - thus preventing a pregnancy now that she is stabalized!  There are many who are way less capable of having and raising children than her!  The outcome could open the door for others to do such things citing medical/mental issues that may or may not be problamatic!!! 

Respected Contributor

I very much care because of the legal implications. This isn't so much about Britney anymore but the outcome.

Honored Contributor

I watch umpteen newscasts a day and had heard nothing about her until last week, and have heard little since.  She has fans who are interested, I'm sure. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment