Respected Contributor

@BlackMagic wrote:

LivePD may be gone for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if it's cancelled. Google Javier Ambler.

I will be really surprised if it is. It has a massive fan base. And I think we need to see police doing good with all the hating on them right now. They're not all bad. 

Frequent Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@BlackMagic wrote:

LivePD may be gone for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if it's cancelled. Google Javier Ambler.

I will be really surprised if it is. It has a massive fan base. And I think we need to see police doing good with all the hating on them right now. They're not all bad. 

I totally agree and do hope the show returns soon. It's unfortunate a few that are on power trips, racist, or both are causing all police to be labeled as bad. I'm sure the good guys/gals outnumber the bad. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm concerned too if the show will return.  I read the story of what happened back in March about the death of a man.  As much as I enjoy the show, I sometimes wonder about some of the actions of the officers.  It bothers me when after a car chase and accident the driver is always yanked out of the car without any knowledge of what injuries they may have.  I realize the cops adrenaline is high and the bad guy is wrong but still.

Respected Contributor

@grandma2pkmh Yeah, I looked up and read the story of this man and turns out the cops tased him several times. I'd be surprised if the show returns.

Honored Contributor
The show Cops has been permanently cancelled.

Source: NY Post citing Variety
Trusted Contributor

From Dan Abrams:

To all of you asking whether #LivePD coming back. . .The answer is yes. All of us associated with the show are as committed to it as ever. We are still discussing some specifics but I want to assure the #LivePDNation that we are not abandoning you.

Respected Contributor

The only time I tried to watch one of those shows, it was tweakers or domestic violence that the cops were handling. Those people need help, police shouldn't have to handle them. Too many mentally ill people being shot.

Respected Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

The only time I tried to watch one of those shows, it was tweakers or domestic violence that the cops were handling. Those people need help, police shouldn't have to handle them. Too many mentally ill people being shot.

There is no else to help dangerous people. Who would go out and put their life on the line to deal with them? Many of them are very very dangerous. 

Respected Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

I'm concerned too if the show will return.  I read the story of what happened back in March about the death of a man.  As much as I enjoy the show, I sometimes wonder about some of the actions of the officers.  It bothers me when after a car chase and accident the driver is always yanked out of the car without any knowledge of what injuries they may have.  I realize the cops adrenaline is high and the bad guy is wrong but still.

I have never thought they are too rough. The things they deal with and concern themselves with is insane. People just do not understand how dangerous their jobs are. It really bother me how difficult their job is and how few people seem to understand that.