Trusted Contributor

Why do they bother having "Who Will Be the Next Food Network Star"???

It's been a couple of years sine we've seen any of the winners have a show. I think last year's winner, Eddie Jackson, was on a couple of shows that were more like a reality show & he was just the host (I don't think he cooked at all on the shows). I'm still waiting to see this year's winner on her own show (I think I caught her on The Kitchen as a guest). Why bother with this hype if a show won't be in the works? I know--it's reality TV & it's all drama & hype. The new shows I do see on Food Network are hosted by former TV stars. Rant over.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why do they bother having "Who Will Be the Next Food Network Star"???

I don't think this years winner is getting her own show.  If I remember she was going to be a co-host the Kitchen Sink.

Yesterday I was watching a re-run of grandmothers cooking and Eddie Jackson was one of the judges.

Esteemed Contributor

Good question! Why do they bother? Are the ratings that good?  I stopped watching a couple of seasons ago--too scripted IMO.

Trusted Contributor

I agree that FNS winners do not have long running shows other than Kelsey Nixon, the Sandwich King on The Kitchen,  and Guy Fieri.  Many of them are on the Food Network and the Cooking Channel.  They are on as judges, contributors, guests, etc.  I still enjoy watching the show as a change of pace from a lot of the other shows on TV.

Honored Contributor

The only thing I saw Eddie Jackson on was as a co-judge on the kids barbeque show....

Food Network doesn't have any room for the winners to have their own shows---it's turned into just a network of Guy Fieri Diner, Drive-In and Dives....and a couple of other chefs travelin around tastting food.....................ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!! 

The only shows I watch anymore are the Seasonal Baking Shows and some of the shows where the kids compete....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”