Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why did Cassie go on the Bachelor ? Anyone watching ?

Actually Cassie was being the mature one of the girls.   She takes engagement seriously and isn't prepared to get engaged to him.  I don't know that that means she went on the show for the wrong reasons; she didn't want to get engaged for the wrong reasons.  I don't think age has anything to do with it and I don't think she should take heat for realizing she isn't ready to be engaged to him.  We can all speculate 'til we're blue in the face with her reasoning but we will never know, and ultimately she has been the only one on the series to essentially know that it wasn't going to work vs. all the other girls who say yes at the proposal to only last until they can break up after "The Final Rose" show so that they can continue with their 15 minutes.  If her ultimate goal was to be the next Bachelorette I imagine she would have walked earlier to have had that opportunity.  (did any of that make sense?)

As far as her dad goes, clearly production set that up for whatever reason.

As an aside, has any Bachelor ever had so many girls walk away from the show because they aren't finding themselves into him as Colton has?  What a blow to his ego when he stops to figure that out.

Frequent Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

Actually Cassie was being the mature one of the girls.   She takes engagement seriously and isn't prepared to get engaged to him.  I don't know that that means she went on the show for the wrong reasons; she didn't want to get engaged for the wrong reasons.  I don't think age has anything to do with it and I don't think she should take heat for realizing she isn't ready to be engaged to him.  We can all speculate 'til we're blue in the face with her reasoning but we will never know, and ultimately she has been the only one on the series to essentially know that it wasn't going to work vs. all the other girls who say yes at the proposal to only last until they can break up after "The Final Rose" show so that they can continue with their 15 minutes.  If her ultimate goal was to be the next Bachelorette I imagine she would have walked earlier to have had that opportunity.  (did any of that make sense?)

As far as her dad goes, clearly production set that up for whatever reason.

As an aside, has any Bachelor ever had so many girls walk away from the show because they aren't finding themselves into him as Colton has?  What a blow to his ego when he stops to figure that out.

I agree with you @Wsmom ....and will just add...that I just don't think she's that into him. I don't think ANY of the girls really were. And I'm not at all surprised by that. He's stiff and seems really robotic to me. 

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Did she do it to become the new Bachelorette ?  She led him on !  She should have left before now if she wasn't sure. She broke his heart, poor guy !   

@Goodie2shoes    YES!  This was the first thing I thought of  when  she told him goodbye!  More money for her😉

Super Contributor

I cannot see Cassie being the new bachelorette because what happens if she does not find "the one" during her season as her Dad put it he and her Mom knew right away.  I could see another season of what we have currently of no chemistry with any of the ladies with Colton.  Sorry, but this has been disappointing.  Usually at this time we are cheering someone on to vie for the heart of the bachelor.  Not this time!

Frequent Contributor

I completely agree this was all set up.
Respected Contributor

wsmom, Cassie is just not that into Colton.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Emma Bunting wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

So, can we assume the winner is Cassie?

Well I hope nobody posts any spoilers here. But I just want to ask......does anyone else think Cassie's father showing up was a major set up? He flies to Portugal for a 5 minute conversation just to add drama and convince Cassie to leave the show?

I have to say...if this whole thing is just a set up for drama....and he ends up with Cassie in the end.....I might be done with this show. It almost feels like the producers are setting Colton up for this huge disappointment. 

I jsut want to add...that I haven't seen any chemistry with anyone on this show yet. Maybe last night for the first time......Colton showed how much he loves Cassie. But up until last night I've seen no real emotion from anybody!

@Emma Bunting  I did not post a spoiler.  I was only commenting on the posts by @laurie where she mentioned seeing him in LA and Cassie lives there, or so she thought.

Frankly, this season is so juvenile and full of phony drama, I could care less who he picks.  I really think he should pick no one and have sex with hinself. Woman Frustrated

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Emma Bunting wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

So, can we assume the winner is Cassie?

Well I hope nobody posts any spoilers here. But I just want to ask......does anyone else think Cassie's father showing up was a major set up? He flies to Portugal for a 5 minute conversation just to add drama and convince Cassie to leave the show?

I have to say...if this whole thing is just a set up for drama....and he ends up with Cassie in the end.....I might be done with this show. It almost feels like the producers are setting Colton up for this huge disappointment. 

I jsut want to add...that I haven't seen any chemistry with anyone on this show yet. Maybe last night for the first time......Colton showed how much he loves Cassie. But up until last night I've seen no real emotion from anybody!

@Emma Bunting  I did not post a spoiler.  I was only commenting on the posts by @laurie where she mentioned seeing him in LA and Cassie lives there, or so she thought.

Frankly, this season is so juvenile and full of phony drama, I could care less who he picks.  I really think he should pick no one and have sex with hinself. Woman Frustrated

laughing hysterically gif.gif

Esteemed Contributor

It’s scripted.  They are together, but not engaged yet.