Trusted Contributor

Re: Why Ruth Wilson Left The Affair

Interesting, we have all wondered why she left.  I also agree that the premium channels throw lots of nudity into the story because they can and it usually isn't necessary.  It usually shows more of the woman.  I would have hoped having a woman show runner that would have helped Ruth's objections but it didn't seem to.   Ruth came out ahead and the Affair had a poor final season without her.

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

On that note , i don't know why, it really bugged me for Nicole Kidman to do the nude scenes in Big Little Lies , She definetely did not have to , and with her stature. I am not a prude at all.

@MW in Iowa 

I know what you mean, but I read somewhere a long time ago that she is not really bothered by this and is very comfortable with her body and does not stress or worry about it, and if nudity is in a scene she just does it as part of her work.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

It just seems silly to me , kind of a joke , Nicole that is, i read the whole article and it is disgusting the ****** that went on , i really think Weinstein is doing a favor to future of actors , i feel bad for his victims , but now people in power know they will be held accountable for their actions.

Trusted Contributor

Here is an interesting article with an interview from the Show runner:

https://tvline.com/2019/12/21/the-affair-ruth-wilson-quits-controversy-sarah-treem-response/