Honored Contributor

Why Ruth Wilson Left The Affair

According to People online citing The Hollywood Reporter and sources close to Wilson, who played Allison, she kept being cajoled into doing nude scenes by Sarah Treem (showrunner and its co-creator) and because there was a toxic environment on the set. Treem denies the allegations. Wilson thought she had to be nude too gratuitously and balked at it. More at People online.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Why Ruth Wilson Left The Affair

Yes, the story was on Google today

Honored Contributor

@Luvmtcats well, that's nice.
Honored Contributor

Daily Mail says the same thing. I like Ruth ,good for her. If more actresses did this, there would be less me toos

Honored Contributor

I respect actors and actresses who take this stand.  I'm sure the pressures to "conform" are intense.  A positive move. 

Honored Contributor

I did not see or hear this.  I don't think all of these nude scenes which they are interjecting into t.v. shows and movies are really necessary.  There are ways to imply these things and to portrary these things without being so graphic and without just constantly putting these scenes in for what they feel will be better ratings or attention.  If the story is good enough --- then you don't need all of that!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Something similar happened on "SMILF."  The actress Samira Weaving said she was pressured to do nude scenes.

Honored Contributor

never heard of her or the show

Respected Contributor

On that note , i don't know why, it really bugged me for Nicole Kidman to do the nude scenes in Big Little Lies , She definetely did not have to , and with her stature. I am not a prude at all.

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

The actress Samira Weaving said she was pressured to do nude scenes.

Yeah right!  Actors & actresses know very well PRIOR to signing on the "dotted line" if they are required to do nude scenes.

Some even have it written in their contracts 'no nude' scenes. 

I do not believe for one minute that any actress or actor are "pressured" when it comes to sex scenes.  And if they are required to do a nude scene, you best believe they are very well compensated.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif