Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So I would like to know, paying about $119 a year to be a Prime member all video content isn't included? Netflix and Hulu don't ask me to pay for certain content, everything is included. I will not give Amazon not a nickel more to watch something I am required to "rent", I'll skip it.

I have never used my Prime for a movie or music, but I buy a lot from Amazon, and I enjoy the free shipping. I bought a toilet seat the other day and they ask me if I would like it on my Amazon Prime. I said yes of course, and it came in 3 days.It's so worth the money to me. I have a lot of companys I buy from that goes though my Amazon credit, so easy.

Esteemed Contributor

While Amazon is not perfect I too feel it is worth the money.  Even if I have to pay a few dollars to watch a certain movie it's still way less than a movie theatre. (which I feel is a thing of the past).......More and more people have at home theatre's as we do with a projector, big screen and surround sound!  I love it !!   So glad hubby set this up years ago and now with Covid I will never step foot in another movie house.  I also have the Prime credit card and get 5% back on my purchases at Whole Foods and special pricing on certain items.   

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2  Amazon Prime? It's a good thing. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Respected Contributor

I love Amazon Prime. I order much of my groceries from Amazon Fresh and no delivery charge over $50. I've saved much more than my annual fee on that, not to mention free delivery on all my amazon purchases. Inever even watch the video part except for specific shows.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 That does look like a good movie but agree w/you not paying extra for it.  If you have HBO they are showing Invisible Man tonight.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

There is a new movie out, I think it’s called Antebellum, I saw a promo on TV and it comes up on the screen when I put on my Fire Stick. I thought I might want to see it, yeah you can see it if you want to pay extra to rent it.

@Jordan2   Antebellum is on Verizon FIOS On Demand.  It's NOT free there either.  However, I racked up so many credits (how?  I have no clue confused.gif ) I can "rent" the movie for FREE.

I "think" Amazon & FIOS are charging because the movie is playing in theaters right about now & also going straight to DVD & On Demand "movie rentals."

Amazon is charging $18. Smiley Surprised  Did you check to see if you have enough credits to watch for FREE?

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at Sat, Sep 19, 2020-12.49.49 PM.png

I only have a $2 credit. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac do you mean credits from Verizon or Amazon, I don't think I get credits from either one?

Esteemed Contributor

I don't rent any movie from Amazon (just like I don't from Uverse either)

with all the music I listen to (workng 9+ hours a day)

and all the ordering that I do)

$119 is worth it to us

If Amazon ever got it's own internet I'd get that too and  go to streaming & drop Uverse.  I keep telling them to get their own internet.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

There is a new movie out, I think it’s called Antebellum, I saw a promo on TV and it comes up on the screen when I put on my Fire Stick. I thought I might want to see it, yeah you can see it if you want to pay extra to rent it.

@Jordan2   Antebellum is on Verizon FIOS On Demand.  It's NOT free there either.  However, I racked up so many credits (how?  I have no clue confused.gif ) I can "rent" the movie for FREE.

I "think" Amazon & FIOS are charging because the movie is playing in theaters right about now & also going straight to DVD & On Demand "movie rentals."

Amazon is charging $18. Smiley Surprised  Did you check to see if you have enough credits to watch for FREE?

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at Sat, Sep 19, 2020-12.49.49 PM.png

I only have a $2 credit. Smiley LOL

@Mz iMac   How do you get credits from Amazon?  I have Prime and order from Amazon every week.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Mz iMac do you mean credits from Verizon or Amazon, I don't think I get credits from either one?

@Jordan2   From both.  The photo is from Amazon.   Amazon will tell you if you have any credits when you click on the get credits link under the movie you want to order.

Verizon FIOS will show how many credits you have in the On Demand section. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif