Honored Contributor

Whole New Cast for RHONY!!!

[ Edited ]

No -one from the original cast is on the new series. It is all new young women, its all on the Bravo Insider website..It gives a little tidbit about each woman and shows their pics....I probably won't watch..

I wonder what Luann and Ramona and Sonja will do? Maybe a new series for them?? perhaps? i know I will miss the original NY ladies!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Whole New Cast for RHONY!!!

@CANDLEQUEEN It is my understanding there will be two series. One featuring the younger cast and a second featuring the original group.

Honored Contributor

@On It wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN It is my understanding there will be two series. One featuring the younger cast and a second featuring the original group.

@On It I hope so!!!!! I would really miss the originals...Interestingly enough neither Leah or Eboni were with the new group, although they are closer in age to that group! 

Honored Contributor

I believe it's been announced that Luann and Sonja are going to be doing a spinoff series of life in a small Illinois town. I have zero interest.

I also read about this new cast and again zero interest. It's a shame one person ruined that whole franchise.  

Honored Contributor

I tried that franchise twice - two different sets of women.  I believe one group was from NY and the other maybe Atlanta.  Couldn't attach to either group enough to stay with them.

Esteemed Contributor

From what I understand, they "new" RHNY housewive franchise was given priority over the legacy version but now that the cast for the "New" RhNY has been announced they will probably start working on the Legacy group.  Also, from what I understand, not all the remaining NY housewives will be cast for the legacy.

I, personally, will probably not watch the new version and I grew weary of Ramona and Sonja years ago so doubt I watch the legacy version if they get it cast and they're a part of it.  I didn't watch the last year it was on anyway.  I also have zero interest in watching Luan and Sonja acting like fish out of water in a small Illinois town. I've pretty much lost interest in most of the cities anyway and if I do watch, I don't give it my full attention.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

The battling Old Hags will still have their own show.  

Honored Contributor

I have no interest in the new group and think they should have tweaked the old group.

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

I have no interest in the new group and think they should have tweaked the old group.

@DREAMON I agree. They should have let Leah and Eboni go with the new young group of women, and added 2 or 3 more to the original group and left Sonja, Luann and Ramona...I won't watch the new one either! 

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 Who ruined the NY franchise?