Super Contributor

Who will watch the SVU version of the Duggar Scandal?

I guess it airs tonight...may be interesting.

Respected Contributor

Re: Who will watch the SVU version of the Duggar Scandal?

Will this be a one time event or another series?

Respected Contributor

No.  I have no love for the Duggars, but I find a "fictional" TV show about their lives creepy in the extreme.  Whether you like them or not, they are still real people who don't deserve to be exploited for the entertainment of others.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I probably won't watch it but what is SVU?  I don't know anything about it.  Can you explain please?  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

I think it's one of those network crime drama shows.  Probably easy to find by Googling.  Smiley Happy

I've really never watched many of the network crime drama shows, but this one seems to have been around for quite some time so it must be popular.

Super Contributor

Law and Order SVU.  I have to admit I don't usually watch it, have only seen a couple of the crossover episodes with Chicago PD.  I am not sure if I will watch it tonight or not....

Honored Contributor

dreamy, I like the older SVU but mainly the older Law and Order shows.

I don't watch Chicago PD.  No reason just didn't get into it.  Too many shows, not enough time.

As it is I've burned through several of Comcasts DVR's because I tape and watch shows at the same time, FF and (well you get the picture).  I am beginning to think I have a short attention span!  Ha!

I just saw on TLC where the two girls are advertising their new show.  I won't watch it because I'm tired of reality TV and other life styles being glorified.  As I get older (soon 69) I find that I have little patience for some of the things TV is promoting these days.  Old age I guess.

Respected Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

No.  I have no love for the Duggars, but I find a "fictional" TV show about their lives creepy in the extreme.  Whether you like them or not, they are still real people who don't deserve to be exploited for the entertainment of others.  

I completely agree.  I take no pleasure whatsoever in witnessing the pain of others - television personalities or not.  Maybe there was wrongdoing, but it didn't (and shouldn't) affect all the innocents involved.  Me thinks it's best to let sleeping dogs lie, and let the networks stop lying. .  about so many things!  We don't need any more sensationalism.

Super Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Well better hang on to your hat cause I'm sure a Lifetime Movie version will follow shortly LOL.

Honored Contributor

@HiLo wrote:

Will this be a one time event or another series?

It's one of the typical "ripped from the headlines!!" episodes Law & Order is famous for.