Honored Contributor

Re: Who will watch the SVU version of the Duggar Scandal?

I watch it every week, good episode. I like the new Sargeant, Andy Karl is a hometown boy for me!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought it was a very good show last night!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought it was a really good show last night, too.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I like the new Sargeant, Andy Karl is a hometown boy for me!!!

He's cute! But I still miss Chris Meloni!

Honored Contributor

Pearly, I've been watching all old Law and Orders and SUV.  They go back into the 1990's!

It's fun to see how TV (and other things) have changed (some good, some not so good).

About Christopher Meloni.  I adore him too.  Did you ever watch him in "True Blood"?  He was amazing in it.  It went from weird to even more weird.  He was one of weirdest parts.  It was so out of character for him.

I love him and Olivia Benson together.  They are one of the best teams in TV history.

Respected Contributor

Apparently I'm the odd woman out because I thought this was not a best effort at story line & dialogue.  I figured out "who done it" pretty early on & knew it was not the brother, though the other girl's pregnancy was a bit of a surprise.

I used to faithfully watch SVU until the last couple of seasons but now there's another program I prefer in that time slot.  I could catch up by using On Demand but I just forget about it.  I do miss Meloni.  If you saw the movie 42 you saw him playing a racist jerk.  Too bad it was such a small role because he's a good actor.  OTOH, who wants to see a racist jerk for very long?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Did you ever watch him in "True Blood"?

@Annabellethecat66  HI, annibeththecat.  No, I never watched him on True Blood.  I knew he was on the show and I get HBO, but I never had an interest in watching it.  

I think he is good in whatever he is in.  Did you know he's in Runaway Bride, that old movie with Richard Gere and Julia Roberts?

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Did you ever watch him in "True Blood"?

@Annabellethecat66  HI, annibeththecat.  No, I never watched him on True Blood.  I knew he was on the show and I get HBO, but I never had an interest in watching it.  

I think he is good in whatever he is in.  Did you know he's in Runaway Bride, that old movie with Richard Gere and Julia Roberts?

Yes, he is one of the disappointed grooms, tjiswas made just before SVU started. He is also in Nights in Rodanthe with Gere and Diane Lane.

Trusted Contributor

I think the more we can expose people in authority for being the perpetrators of sexual abuse, the more we can keep people on their toes.  It is too often the case that people in authority get others to trust them.... and then they take advantage of them.   Religious leaders, sports leaders, education leaders, scout leaders, etc..... they are alone with people and sadly take advantage of them. 

People who are prone to put blind faith in these people are more apt to be violated. 

I was so glad to see that the mother got angry and came to her senses.

I like this series.