Trusted Contributor

Who's getting excited for Moonage Daydream?

I can't wait! It should be local by next weekend.  We'll have to travel to an IMAX theater, but I've got to see this movie. The trailer is worth googling.

Moonage Daydream (2022) - IMDb

Trusted Contributor

Re: Who's getting excited for Moonage Daydream?

@PilatesLover I also am so excited! I go back to the Ziggy Stardust/Spiders from Mars era and have seen David in concert over 20 times in the Philly area. I was at the Tower during the filming of the Live album in 74 during the Diamond Dogs tour and at the filming of Modern Love (Serious Moonlight tour) at the Spectrum in Philly.  LOL, maybe I will show up in a crowd scene in movie. (If it is from the 70s I'll be one of the girls with the dyed to match him orange hair.Woman LOL)

Enjoy the film! Heart

Trusted Contributor

@FlyersGirl I'm jealous you got to see him back in the day!

Trusted Contributor

• @PilatesLover I was lucky. I was really too young to go to the early shows. The teenagers who lived next door to my house would take me to shows. They dressed me in their clothes, put makeup on me and made me look 18 when I was 12/13. My Dad traveled a lot for his business and my Mom was busy taking care of my 3 younger brothers so my parents had no clue that I was going to concerts when they thought I was hanging out at the neighbors house. Woman Wink
Respected Contributor

I saw Bowie on Broadway in "The Elephant Man", decades ago.

He was absolutely amazing. I saw the play twice but it was his performance that was electric and memorable.

An incredible talent, greatly missed.

Trusted Contributor

@FlyersGirl that's a great story! Smiley Happy

@DSD2 how wonderful. I know a few people who saw him as the Elephant Man and raved about his portrayal. 

He was such a chameleon, multi-talented on so many levels.