Trusted Contributor

Re: Who's Watching the Met Gala? On E channel@

@SomertimeHere, here! Mackie was camp before camp was "in!"

Respected Contributor

Loved Nina Dobrev's dress.  She said it took six people to get it on!  It was one of those three-D printed pieces and took 200 hours to print. It was made to resemble glass. 

Respected Contributor

@MarnieRez3   The very first Camp TV (Carol Burnett's show in some ways was a Camp, too) show in my memory was The Sonny & Cher Show.  Bob Mackie did all the costumes.  I loved that show, all the characters Cher played, all her retorts, it was such a fun show and entertaining.  You could see they were all having a ball!  Wish it was on reruns.

It's amazing that Bob Mackie has been doing her costumes for 43 years!  That's a long time collaboration.  I adore him.  He is such a lovely man, quiet, soft spoken and preppy dressed who would think he would be so delicious with feathers, glitter and nude lace!

Trusted Contributor

@Somertime

Oh that's a great call - The Sonny and Cher Show WAS so camp...so was the Carol Burnett Show. The skits on both shows were often so over-the-top and wacky...so much FUN to watch.

Yes, agreed, Bob seems so preppy and quiet - and then he makes these explosive, outrageous, feather-covered, sequined and bedazzled outfits! What a creative brain he has.