Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone here play WORDLE???  If so, can you please give me instructions on how to get there with an iPhone???  I was there yesterday but it takes forever to find it.  Every time I google it, it gives me answers and I don't want that.  I want the game for today.  I think it's 261 or 262....... TIA

Trusted Contributor

I do  Wordle is not an app.  You have to google it.  It was actually purchased by the New York times.  go to www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html

Trusted Contributor

I play Wordle and Wordle2 everyday.  I use Google to get there on my iPhone...New York Times/Wordle.  Wordle2 has its own website that I access through Google.  Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

Bookmark it.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I am definitely addicted to Wordle but it is a relatively recent phenomenon. I googled it and found an archive that allows you to play every game from day one.

Esteemed Contributor

Got it.  Thanks everyone.  Finished today's game and the countdown is 11-1/2 hours from now.......  

Honored Contributor

@evelyner wrote:

I do  Wordle is not an app.  You have to google it.  It was actually purchased by the New York times.  go to www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html

@evelyner   Since it's owned by the NY Times, is it paywalled?  Does playing the game count against your allotment of free articles?

By the way, thank you for the link.  Maybe I'll play if there are no other consequences.

Trusted Contributor

Just played for the first time....5 tries but I got it....fun! I'll try it again when its up.

Esteemed Contributor

Actually, I first heard about it on Anderson Cooper's show when he had Monica Lewinsky on.  She was plugging it.    Anderson said he starts every day with the words ARISE or AROSE - so that's what I do too.  It's a beginning......

Trusted Contributor

I started playing when I first heard about it and after a few weeks I introduced my husband to it. He is very competitive so now it's a race to see who can get the word in the fewest tries.

It's a good brain exercise.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx