Honored Contributor

Re: Who is ready for Christmas in July?

Me thinks @RetRN  will look for any excuse to drink. I'll watch the holiday movies with a cool after dinner drink in my hand.

Esteemed Contributor

@cornicopia wrote:

How about celebrating the United States of America in July, being that it is the birth of this nation.  Also it is the time to celebrate the season of summer.  Summer is one season of four that should not be overlooked.  If it is, a lot is missed.  Beautiful green grass, beautiful flowers, entertaining birds and butterflies -- just to name a few summery enjoyments.  

I do!

Love 4th of July  and spring and summer (more than winter) 

We got married 7/6 so I could have fireworks near our anniversary

Honored Contributor

I'm as ready as I'm going to be, bring it on.  🎄🎁⛄❄

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

I literally laughed so loud at your reply I woke up my cranky sleeping husband snoozing on the couch!

Honored Contributor

Here we went from maybe spring to  almost 3 month of lockdown, now just able to go out 

why think about winter  when I'll be stuck inside again

enjoy the summer it's  fleeting  

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

While I don't begrudge it others, I'm not much for holidays and really not for holidays that last months and months. 

But the only good thing they carry on that channel is Frasier and (used to be, anyway) Cheers, both of which would run in the middle of the night so you have to record them.  I think I have 15 or so episodes of Frasier saved up just for this time when they start with the christmas movies 24/7.  Smiley Happy

Here in the PNW Frasier starts at 10:00 PM.and runs until 1:30 AM.  At 11:00 I always crawl into bed and watch the episodes until they either end or I get sleepy.   I have a pair of earphones so I can watch without disturbing my husband.   He's not as much of a night owl as I am.  

Valued Contributor

I don't want to watch holiday movies, hear Christmas music or do any holiday shopping. Maybe a week before the actual day itself can I actually tolerate any of it anymore. That is how over commercialized it has all become.

Respected Contributor

If I had my way Christmas would not be mentioned until December 1.   Then you have a whole month out of the year to celebrate it.  

Honored Contributor

Not me but I won't watch.  Both Hallmark have been showing holiday movies on I think Thursday and Friday evening.  One shows them one night and the other the next night.

I think it is going to be 17 days of holiday programming if I heard correctly. Given that they start airing holiday programming 24/7 in October, I have no desire for all the x-mas in July stuff.  If it was just 2 days it would be okay.  17 days is too much IMO. 

Respected Contributor

I will be watching some!