Respected Contributor

Re: Who is ready for Christmas in July?

I have no idea how we will do Christmas in December with the covid virus roaring through the country. If I resort to the Hallmark channel, just shoot me now.

Respected Contributor

BLECH - I'm a scrooge; I don't even like Christmas in December

Respected Contributor

@May5 wrote:

You can't pretend life away. 

@May5  We certainly can (and should) escape,  for moments in time, to recharge our mind, body and spirit. Individuals will choose different ways to do so.  

I can't think of a better time to let our inner free child out to play a little, amongst all the sadness and uncertainties we've been witnessing.  And, I'm a glass half empty person, so if I can do it, well, anyone can.  

Honored Contributor

While I don't begrudge it others, I'm not much for holidays and really not for holidays that last months and months. 

But the only good thing they carry on that channel is Frasier and (used to be, anyway) Cheers, both of which would run in the middle of the night so you have to record them.  I think I have 15 or so episodes of Frasier saved up just for this time when they start with the christmas movies 24/7.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the reminder I'll flip the channel not that I watch that much any more , anyway.  Mainly kitchen shows.

I won't be spending like days gone by. Stores have all re opened.

Honored Contributor

People lost jobs, layed off waiting to be called back,  nobody knows if corona will return and bringing the hoarders with them. I imagine the cash flow will be really affected this yr.

2020 Christmas won't be a happy one.

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

BLECH - I'm a scrooge; I don't even like Christmas in December

@MoonieBaby  ITA!  Wish the virus would cancel it this year.

Honored Contributor

Summer has just officially begun and the way things are this year who knows if we will even be able to have family over to celebrate this holiday season?

Esteemed Contributor

I love Christmas! any day, any time..... if there is a Christmas scene I stop to watch the show. 

I have a huge Austrian pine in the back of my backyard that I put Christmas lights on a month or so ago.  They are on dusk to dawn timer. I can see the tree from my kitchen window.

I'll probably watch.  I hope I don't buy LOL  I don't need another Christmas decoration!!

Frequent Contributor

How about celebrating the United States of America in July, being that it is the birth of this nation.  Also it is the time to celebrate the season of summer.  Summer is one season of four that should not be overlooked.  If it is, a lot is missed.  Beautiful green grass, beautiful flowers, entertaining birds and butterflies -- just to name a few summery enjoyments.