Honored Contributor

Re: Who is ready for Christmas in July?

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

Christmas in July is too early for me.  Who came up with this nonsense anyway?

I was wondering the same thing, then they have to show Christmas movies before Holloween until New Years.  Takes the fun out of waiting closer till Christmas.  I like the classics but Hallmark always show  newer ones.

Honored Contributor

Just love Christmas in July especially on QVC. Nice break from the usual boring, same old stuff they usually show. Will enjoy seeing something different for a bit.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't help but wonder, and be fearful of, what kind of economic state we will be in by Christmas, both personally and nationally.  So, no, I won't be watching any Christmas movies or Christmas on QVC.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I'm all for the beauty and magical sentiments of Christmas, right now, that Hallmark offers to perfection.  

In fact, I was just thinking,  that if I'm going to be stuck in my home through the rest of this year, I will put up my Xmas tree in October.  

I've also been ordering solar fairy lights and other decorative lights for my backyard. I need illumination.  A place to settle with a glass of wine, my dog and pretend everything is okay. So, bring Christman on, I'm ready.   

Regular Contributor

You can't pretend life away. 

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs -

I'm ready! I have my frasier fir candle burning and ready! Christmas has always all my life been my favorite time of year!Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am, but is it me, looking ahead on the program guide, not seeing as much programming as last year on Q1 or Q2.  

If it's going to be mostly repeats of last year's leftovers, I might not be watching much.  Very few new things coming in, nothing catches my eye so far.  

Will check on Hallmark, but so many repeats, I know the lines.

I may have to create my own Christmas in July,

Honored Contributor

@on the bay   Oh nice!!

My very favorite time of the year too! I love Christmas movies. 

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

I will never be ready because Christmas is in Dec not July. I am sick of them drawing Christmas from July to Dec. forgetting all the other Holidays in between.

Esteemed Contributor

Since I'll probably be in and alone Christmas and until there's a vaccine due to the virus I'll put Valerie's tree up, and minimal old decorations .

My granddaughter left today with the two great grandsons to live across the country near her husband's family. Christmas will never the same and I used to love it. 
  I've always watched the Hallmark movies. But last year they drank so much hot chocolate it became annoying. . 
  I don't want to think about Christmas.