Respected Contributor

Re: Who is ready for Christmas in July?

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

Christmas in July is too early for me.  Who came up with this nonsense anyway?

I so agree. Why can't we just have Christmas at Christmastime? It is bad enough that Hallmark does 2 straight months of Christmas movies in November and December and shuts down their regular daytime programming, but now we have to watch them in the middle of summer when it is 110 out. It makes me hate Christmas.Smiley Sad

It makes me hate Hallmark!

Esteemed Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

@Puppy Lips  So, you Won't even look at pretty lights and sparkley things, with a mind to what you allready have put away and ready to be put up to lighten the heart  Because Of What MIGHT be? 

1) My gramdma used to say "Don't Borrow trouble"

2) If things are economically bad a bit of light and sparkle will be just what I need.

3) No one is making you spend. Think of it as a hints and tips show.

If CIJ upsets you I hope there are other activities you can engage in while the shows are on.  Do some Summer things and enjoy!

@candys mine Kudos for trying with me, LOL.  Truth is, I am an expert at "borrowing trouble."  I wish I weren't, but I am working to change that.  And frankly, I am not really a fan of Christmas, as it just seems so overwhelming to me, and watching QVC makes it more so.  It seems to put on the pressure of having the perfectly decorated home with all the perfect foods to serve anyone who comes over, and giving the perfect gifts.  But I will take your suggestion to get out and do more summer activities!  I hope you enjoy the shows and find something new to buy.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips  Please don't worry about those things. People try to make it all about that but Christmas is to celebrate the birth of the Christ child. People no longer remember that is seems.

Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips  Believe you me, I used to be like that.  Now I'm  old and wise enough  to know my own mind not care what anybody else thinks.

I get that overwhelmed feeling too.  I always say I'd be all ready for Christmas On Epiphany!!

I like to look at somebody elses "perfect"  and decide what Makes it perfect to me.  Then I take that One aspect and build on it.  I decorate for ME.  I cook or Don't cook because I want to.  Sometimes the mood strikes sometimes it doesn't.  It needs to be something that really impresses me to make me crack open my wallet. 

I wasn't jokeing about the hints and tips thing. 

Keep up the good work  Looking to find the bright side. Even if it's just saying you won't worry this afternoon.   It will still be there later but take those few hours as a breather.   There's worry enough in the world without taking it on Early. 

ENJOY your Summer fun! 

All the best, Candy.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am I am!   Thanks for posting this!  

Respected Contributor

I AM!

the deals r most always better in july 

got my list going......hoping what i want airs 

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor

I have zero interest in Christmas in July. Summers in New York are too short. I want to enjoy every single minute of it. I have no intention of even thinking about Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving.

This year with the added misery of Covid 19, Spring was a washout. New York is finally reopening slowly,just in time for Summer.I'm really looking forward to enjoying it.😎

To all those who are looking forward to Christmas in July I hope you enjoy it. Different strokes for different folks.

Contributor

I love Christmas in July on Hallmark!  You get to enjoy the movies without the pressure of getting things done.

Respected Contributor

@nana59 I was along time ago.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Even should I need cheering up, this is so not going to do the trick... Hallmark milks those tedious, formulaic Christmas movies featuring their usual stable of B list actors for all they're worth... I can barely tolerate most of them when it's actually approaching the holiday season so I'm not a bit interested in seeing them now... They start them in October, run them through January and then a night or two each week throughout the year... Enough really is too much... Enjoy them if you like them, but I'll be taking a pass... As for CIJ shopping, taking a pass on that too... Don't need any more kitschy decor and don't have tons of presents to buy, so that's not a problem... If it's your thing, have at it... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...