Super Contributor

Re: Who here will actually admit to

I watch true crime shows.i also read true crime books. Love all the law and order shows. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I really like FORENSIC FILES on HLN...and there's a new FF-2 series coming on Feb 23! Can't wait.

@SilleeMee  I’ve been waiting for the new shows. The old ones are so...well..old! Funny to see the way people are dressed and of course I’ve seen them all numerous times.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My preferences are retro sitcoms, local news, and PBS shows.  Occasionally I watch the EWTN religious channel.

I don't watch any crime shows...real or fictional.  Don't want to fill my mind with violence....I prefer stuff that makes me laugh.

My sis, who passed away a few years ago, LOVED those crime shows....she watched all the time!  When I would visit her she would be watching them, and she would laugh at me for cringing at the stuff they showed!  

Honored Contributor

Wow, @proudlyfromNJ ...that's a lot of watching! I just googled how many episodes of FF were made and there were 406! I think I've seen many of them, but not sure how many.

Honored Contributor

I like Snapped (think a lot of people do)  I like it because of Sharon Martin.  And most importantly, it's not "acted" out.  I'm uncomfortable with obscure would be actors portraying victims and killers. On that note, I no longer like watching Investigation ID with their contrived acted out stories.  Also with compition from Oxygen, the other network is striving for more gory murders.  The other shows I dislike is any one missing and not found by the end of the hour.  It's a pointless story.  they lead you to a "breaking point (via commercial) and then the lead drops off like a cliff.  Leaving said person still missing. 

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I like Snapped (think a lot of people do)  I like it because of Sharon Martin.  And most importantly, it's not "acted" out.  I'm uncomfortable with obscure would be actors portraying victims and killers. On that note, I no longer like watching Investigation ID with their contrived acted out stories.  Also with compition from Oxygen, the other network is striving for more gory murders.  The other shows I dislike is any one missing and not found by the end of the hour.  It's a pointless story.  they lead you to a "breaking point (via commercial) and then the lead drops off like a cliff.  Leaving said person still missing. 

@songbird   The only show I agree with you about is the disappeared one. I do not like when there is no ending to the story. I don’t watch those shows anymore.

Honored Contributor

@Nbo wrote:

I watch true crime shows.i also read true crime books. Love all the law and order shows. 

I also liked to read true crime books. I used to go to the library and pick up a book every once in awhile.

I was reading a book from the library. And the more I read the story it started to sound familiar. Then I started exploring ahead in the book. It was my girlfriend's murder. She was victim #2 for the guy they were writing about. It spooked me and I stopped reading true crime books after that.

My girlfriend's murder also had a huge write up in the Wall Street Journal. I just happened to pick it up the article when I was passing time at work. 

The guy murdered a student who was taking voice lessons from him. He was released from prison after 5 years. Then he went on to murder my girlfriend. 

Trusted Contributor

@JumpTheRope   I'm a huge fan of the series Homicide Hunter with Joe Kenda, and will miss my dose of "My, my, my !!!"  I also enjoy PBS mystery shows, Midsomer Murders, Vera, and Death in Paradise.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I really like FORENSIC FILES on HLN...and there's a new FF-2 series coming on Feb 23! Can't wait.

Me too.I only watch true crime and my dh jokes that he always sleeps with one eye open.

Honored Contributor

I like the true crime stuff, but haven't been watching a lot lately sine it seems like ID is a lot of re-runs.  I used to LOVE the Emeregency Room shows like Trauma, Life in the ER, but those all seem to be Re-runs now too from years ago.  Live Rescue just doesn't do it for me.  I do like Live PD though.  

I don't watch Housewives, Bachelor, AGT, The Voice, etc. The only show like that I watch is Project Runway.  I do like made for TV Medical and Crime Dramas.