Super Contributor

Who here will actually admit to

[ Edited ]

being a huge Fan of True Crime?

I confess, if I’m not watching ID, there’s plenty other true crime based channels.

Then there’s the channels showing ‘Mystery Diagnosis”, “Body Bizarre “,

”ER DETROIT”, “Monsters Inside Me” and so on!

Not to mention “Air Disasters” and “Disasters at Sea”!

OR “Live Rescue”, “Live PD” and “Body Cam”,

Im not a Fan of sit-com’s, fake crime shows, game shows, or made-for-tv 

dramas/movies,

OTOH, I cant watch any “Real Housewives” , “Bachelorette”, “The Voice” or

Sports of any kind.

I can’t stand paying Spectrum for literally HUNDREDS of channels I DO NOT want......just so I can watch VICE or The Smithsonian. 

What at are you all’s most favorite type of programs?

Honored Contributor

Re: Who here will actually admit to

@JumpTheRope  I am also a huge fan of those shows because they are real life happenings.   I hate doomsday sci fi and zoombie stuff.  While I like "AGT", the "Voice", "Survivor" and "Big Brother", etc, I hate I don't like those real housewives, bachlor/bachlorette type shows.  I also like many TCM movies and a lot of moviesd based on real life.  I actually also enjoy the Hallnark Christmas movies and many sitcoms.

Respected Contributor

I usually watch ID TV or Dateline once a day, but my sister is the real true crime watcher. That's pretty much all she watches unless TCM has something on she wants to watch or maybe a retro show now and then.She never watches sitcoms, or anything like that at all.

Trusted Contributor

I used to watch the ID channel quite a bit. When my Comcast contract ended I lost the ID channel. First they said they no longer offered it. Then it was an additional $40.00 per month. I am not going to pay that much money for a channel.

I like true crime, I read books on it, listen to podcasts on true crime while I work.

But I like other shows too. I am loving McMillions on HBO as well as The Outsider.

I still watch all the Chicago shows and Law and Order SVU.

I love a few new shows Tommy, For Life, and Lonestar 911. I am looking forward to Top Chef coming on in March.

The one type of show I really do not watch are comedy shows, with the exception of SNL.     

Honored Contributor

I loved the original COURTtv, but somehow both ID and the present iteration of them have fallen off the path somehow, and I haven't ever really gotten back in. 

I also loved "Say 'Yes'....." and the gang for its firs 20,000 or so eps, and then cut that one off too.

Still a major fan of Dr. Pimple Popper, though.

Honored Contributor

I don't get the ID any more thanks to Comcast and extra charges!  However, I do watch a lot of other true crime and murder stories and do find them intriguing.  Once you start watching them, you get hooked!  And it's chilling to think that there are so many murders committed by husbands/wives/partners/other family members!  Yikes! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I love True Crime shows too.  Forensic Files on HLN is a fave - new episodes start Sunday at 10PM Eastern.  (Foresnsic Files 2.)  

I'll watch shows that are based on True Crime too. Like Unbelievable or Dirty John for instance.

I used to watch ID too until Comcast started charging more for it.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JumpTheRope   I am with you on almost all shows. I like true crime stories. My husband calls it ‘ murder and mayhem’. He won’t watch them.

I am not into sitcoms,game shows, etc. either. I do watch Law and Order if nothing else is on, but ID channel is my favorite.

Honored Contributor

I really like FORENSIC FILES on HLN...and there's a new FF-2 series coming on Feb 23! Can't wait.

Honored Contributor

The closest I get to this kind of show is the British series Midsomer Murders.  It's very well done.