Valued Contributor

Who has Acorn TV ,and do you like it?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Who has Acorn TV ,and do you like it?

@number one queen, I have it, I've had it for a while, I really like it. The shows that I like to watch on it have ended their seasons, but I always find something new that I haven't seen yet. I pay $4.99 per month. I'm not sure if it's still being offered, I tried it using a one week free trial that was offered on Amazon Prime.

Trusted Contributor

@number one queen  I had it for the winter season and really enjoyed it.  You can't go wrong for the price.

Respected Contributor

Mother- in- law has it, and loves it.  Father-in-law gives her a year at a time at Christmas time.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Super Contributor

I had it, but now subscribe to BritBox through Prime/$6.99

Love their "soaps" and detective type shows!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watch a lot of the detectives shows, such as Midsomer Murders, Brokenwood Mysteries, Murdoch Mysteries, and the quirky Agatha Raisin.

There is a new one I just started called "Queens of Mystery" which is also very good.  It centers around a detective and her three crime writing aunts as they solve murders.

I would also recommend the family drama "800 Words" and the Martin Clunes comedy/drama "Doc Martin."

For $4.99/month, it can't be beat.

Honored Contributor

@forsythia1 wrote:

I watch a lot of the detectives shows, such as Midsomer Murders, Brokenwood Mysteries, Murdoch Mysteries, and the quirky Agatha Raisin.

There is a new one I just started called "Queens of Mystery" which is also very good.  It centers around a detective and her three crime writing aunts as they solve murders.

I would also recommend the family drama "800 Words" and the Martin Clunes comedy/drama "Doc Martin."

For $4.99/month, it can't be beat.

How did you like Agatha Raisin?  I hear it's a comedy drama.   

Valued Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Mother- in- law has it, and loves it.  Father-in-law gives her a year at a time at Christmas time.

---

I also received a one-year gift subscription. I love it. So many great series to choose from.

Valued Contributor

For anyone who has AcornTV, I highly recommend "Pie in the Sky," a charming detective series starring Richard Griffiths. It combines sleuthing with culinary arts.

Regular Contributor

Love, love, love Acorn. Real mystery buffs and watch all the Midsomer Murder, Murdoch, Poirot, etc. All are well acted and well written.  We are flying over to London to see the Midsomer filming sights and meet some of the stars. Can’t wait.