Trusted Contributor

Re: Who are your favorite guitar players?

Jonathan Butler, Pat Metheny, Kenny Burrell, George Benson, Albert and BB King. Joe Calicote was one of my favorite self-taught guitarists.

Honored Contributor

John Denver comes to mind, if that tells you anything! LOL I go by singer and if they happen to play guitar, great! Too many singers as liked to list.

Honored Contributor

On 3/17/2015 qualitygal said:

John Denver comes to mind, if that tells you anything! LOL I go by singer and if they happen to play guitar, great! Too many singers as liked to list.

The other night PBS had a nice John Denver retrospective. I just happened upon it at 11pm, when I went to bed. I figured I'd fall asleep before the 2hrs were over so I recorded it and watched it the next day. It was very informative. I wouldn't have minded hearing more of the complete songs, though. Smiley Happy I have all his best stuff on my iPod, though. Such a beautiful voice. I always liked him.

Esteemed Contributor

George Harrison (1) and Keith Urban (2).
Honored Contributor

On 3/17/2015 chickenbutt said:

The other night PBS had a nice John Denver retrospective. I just happened upon it at 11pm, when I went to bed. I figured I'd fall asleep before the 2hrs were over so I recorded it and watched it the next day. It was very informative. I wouldn't have minded hearing more of the complete songs, though. Smiley Happy I have all his best stuff on my iPod, though. Such a beautiful voice. I always liked him.

Hi Chickie, I missed that! I'll look to see if I can see it on again, if they do that. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2015 qualitygal said:
On 3/17/2015 chickenbutt said:

Hi Chickie, I missed that! I'll look to see if I can see it on again, if they do that. Thanks!

I had checked the Tivo guide, that night, for another airing and didn't see one. But the Tivo guide only goes out 12 days. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I see it. I think you will enjoy it. It went through his childhood and his father's accomplishments. His brother was one of those interviewed, as well as Annie and others. (love that song!)

Super Contributor

George Benson.

Valued Contributor

ERIC CLAPTON could put his shoes under my bed anytime.  I still think he is so sexy even at age 70!  He is even more inspiratonal with how he has lived his life.  He has given back so much in helping those with the DISEASE of addiction.  I simply LOVE him.  Anyone else share my sentiments?

Honored Contributor

Jerry Garcia and also Clapton and Ron Wood.

Trusted Contributor

Eric Clapton

Jessa