Honored Contributor

Re: Who Would Want A...

[ Edited ]

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

@jannabelle1 wrote:

The "wet teddy bear" ad makes no sense. I'm creeped out by the one with the guy driving down the highway singing, and the "woman" hood ornament sings along with him. I think it's an insurance ad, but I try not to watch it long enough to find out!

I love that commercial--I remember the song when it came out (by the Pet Shop Boys in 1986).  I sing along and I want to dance as well.  Such a fun time full of memories!  

(I would love to have a magic hood ornament on my car as well.)

Lo and behold, Pet Shop Boys are coming here to Philly in concert with New Order in late September.  I will be fully vaccinated and the concert is outside, so I splurged on the tickets.  I can dance in the aisle and sing along in person!!

@FancyPhillyshopper  @Johnnyeager 

I like the Allstate commercial with the Pet Shop Boys song (and also liked the group's other hit, "West End Girls" too..although no commercial with that song).....I love British 80's music...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In the past commercials used to be clever, funny, or  interesting....now they are just lame, childish, and downright  ANNOYING.....Woman Frustrated  I feel like contacting these companies and telling them, I dislike your commercial so much I will never use your company and/or product!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  I kinda DON'T want my insurance Co. to build me up just to let me down  and mess me around  and never call me when they say they will.  I would NOT love them still. 

It IS however a VERY catchy Tune!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

Liberty Mutual has the worst commercials in the history of forever. Their advertising team needs an overhaul. I'm assuming that they think they're taking a hip, tongue in cheek approach to advertising, but it comes across as just plain stupid to me. Their commercials do not encourage me to buy their product.

On the other hand, Subaru's Barkley family commercials would almost convince me to buy their car. 🥰

@Maltichonmom17 

You are so right, I love love love the Barkley family....🧡

1. Subaru-invites-you-to-meet-the-Barkley-family.jpg
Respected Contributor

@SharkE  Silly commercials sure but I Really do like that kid that does those "cell phone" commercials.  He certainly makes the most of the roll.  The "Come on Rice, Do your thing."  and the one where the cell phone "is on vibrate".  No small roles only small actors.   

Honored Contributor

@Spurt    I love the one where the pup in the backseat eggs on a semi driver into blasting his air horn.  My son used to do that when we were in bumper to bumper late afternoon traffic on the freeway, and it always scared me to death.  I chuckle everytime I see it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt    I love the one where the pup in the backseat eggs on a semi driver into blasting his air horn.  My son used to do that when we were in bumper to bumper late afternoon traffic on the freeway, and it always scared me to death.  I chuckle everytime I see it. 

Agreed! I just saw that one for the first time this past week. Totally adorable. Love me some Barkley family. 🥰

Honored Contributor

@Maltichonmom17   It's a rerun from some years ago. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@jannabelle1 Actually, I'm on Team Jannabelle when it comes to that singing hood ornament commercial.  Me no like.  LOL

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Maltichonmom17   It's a rerun from some years ago. 

Thanks for the info. 😊  I watch little cable and network tv programming so I don't see a lot of commercials. If I remember correctly, I saw it while I was watching the NFL draft on the local network channel.