Trusted Contributor

Adding to everything that has been said if I never see Joe Namath again I will be very happy!!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

Adding to everything that has been said if I never see Joe Namath again I will be very happy!!

Yes, he is a terrible speaker IMHO

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

You don't get it.  You don't like it.

BUT you're talking about it and thinking about it and you know the company name!  So that makes it a great and productive ad!  Companies pay big bucks for you to know their name. 

Maybe, but I won't buy their insurance...

Trusted Contributor

Liberty Mutual has the worst commercials in the history of forever. Their advertising team needs an overhaul. I'm assuming that they think they're taking a hip, tongue in cheek approach to advertising, but it comes across as just plain stupid to me. Their commercials do not encourage me to buy their product.

On the other hand, Subaru's Barkley family commercials would almost convince me to buy their car. 🥰

Respected Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

Liberty Mutual has the worst commercials in the history of forever. Their advertising team needs an overhaul. I'm assuming that they think they're taking a hip, tongue in cheek approach to advertising, but it comes across as just plain stupid to me. Their commercials do not encourage me to buy their product.

On the other hand, Subaru's Barkley family commercials would almost convince me to buy their car. 🥰

I thought the same thing about Subaru!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

You don't get it.  You don't like it.

BUT you're talking about it and thinking about it and you know the company name!  So that makes it a great and productive ad!  Companies pay big bucks for you to know their name. 

Which is where I think Madison Avenue has managed to dupe multiple generations of businessmen. Knowing a company name would seem irrelevant unless knowing the name translates into sales. When it merely leads to disdain and a feeling, consciously, subconsciously or unconsciously that one doesn't really respect the entity then I'm really not sure the old adage about any attention being good attention is still accurate in today's world... Maybe at one time... I can say without any guessing that Liberty ads have not motivated me to examine their product...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

The "wet teddy bear" ad makes no sense. I'm creeped out by the one with the guy driving down the highway singing, and the "woman" hood ornament sings along with him. I think it's an insurance ad, but I try not to watch it long enough to find out!

@jannabelle1 

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who gets creeped out by that one.  Can't turn it off fast enough.  Ugh.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

All their commercials are a pathetic attempt to be clever and they all fall flat.  They're just stupid. 

@Kachina624    True...most commercials are just dumb.  The one I do like is for Kohls with the little girl coloring on the sidewalk.   She is such a beautiful little girl.  

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

I agree and they used to have some of the best commercials on TV when they had what I call "the people helping people" ones.  This new campaign is just horrible.

Respected Contributor

@jannabelle1 

Yes, it's Allstate and it is soooooo creepy.  Another one that is awful is the "I'm a big kid now" diaper pants cartoon one.   Horrible voice, garbled words and huge headed cartoon character.