Honored Contributor

I can't flip the channel fast enough when I hear:  "Don't say we didn't warn you" as the girl rips off the blackhead removal tape.  Ugh!  Made the mistake of seeing it once!  Never again!  

Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

The "wet teddy bear" ad makes no sense. I'm creeped out by the one with the guy driving down the highway singing, and the "woman" hood ornament sings along with him. I think it's an insurance ad, but I try not to watch it long enough to find out!

@jannabelle1OH!!!  That one creeps me out, too.  I just turn away when it comes on and mute.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

A new favorite of ours is Terminex ad where the Aussie says " Protect your deck" but with his accent its a double entre d.  Cracks my family up every time it airs.

It's dumb but I laugh every time.

There's another one, guy in the bathroom tries to burn down the house when he see a bug.   

Honored Contributor

Wet teddy bears... The DUMBEST yet... What will be next...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

You don't get it.  You don't like it.

BUT you're talking about it and thinking about it and you know the company name!  So that makes it a great and productive ad!  Companies pay big bucks for you to know their name. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

LM's motto is "Only pay for what you need". No one needs a wet teddy bear so why pay for it?

Only pay fo what you need is a joke.  No matter the company, all you "need" is what is required by the state.

Trusted Contributor

I love the singing hood ornament commercial. LOL

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

What about that young boy walking around with a advertising sign on him then he gets electrocuted and falls into a bed of rice or whatever that is.

Tom-Cruise-confused-GIF-1.gif

That's a cell phone on vibrate, not a sign and he doesn't get electrocuted. While not an inspired commercial, there's a lot worse ones.

Honored Contributor

Re: Who Would Want A...

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

You don't get it.  You don't like it.

BUT you're talking about it and thinking about it and you know the company name!  So that makes it a great and productive ad!  Companies pay big bucks for you to know their name. 

Not always the case.  In many instances, I never end up knowing what the commercial is for because, if I think it's stupid or ridiculous, I just switch off (either mentally or physically).  Fast-forward is my friend.

And, of course, before fast-forward, commercials were always the time to run to the kitchen for snacks.

(I've actually lost count of the number of times I've said "I have no idea what that commercial was for."  So they're not successful IMO.)

Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

The commercial that I can't stand is for SNHU, where the woman says, "I went running to my husband saying 'We can DO this!'. "

Oh, I can't take it., either.  I always add "and then when I get MY degree, I can afford to leave you......Smiley Wink"

Her voice could cut glass.....