Honored Contributor

I find the song catchy with the guy on the motorcycle singing, "You build me up buttercup".  I never hear that song and now I find myself singing it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624, I like that one too....and sing Buttercup right along with them! It looks like I'm outnumbered with the creepy singing hood ornament though! LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

Every commercial mentioned in these posts did what was intended, got your attention!  Doesn't mean you will buy the product but you sure are aware of it.  Me, I DVR most shows then watch because I hate commercials.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

All their commercials are a pathetic attempt to be clever and they all fall flat.  They're just stupid. 

@Kachina624 - ITA.  DH and I were saying the same thing just last night and I said someone somewhere gets paid big bucks to come up with this rubbish.  Same for the Progressive ads.

I do like the Geico ads - I find them quite clever.

Esteemed Contributor

@BlueFinch : I love the hood ornament one as well and it is shot in the vicinity of where I lived for 25 years ( you can tell by the Joshua Trees in the background.  DH is especially good about identifying backgrounds in movies and commercials; many of them ( particularly during Pandemic are shot within 150 mi of LA and in Kern County.  Prior to Covid many were also filmed in N.M.

Respected Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

The "wet teddy bear" ad makes no sense. I'm creeped out by the one with the guy driving down the highway singing, and the "woman" hood ornament sings along with him. I think it's an insurance ad, but I try not to watch it long enough to find out!

I love that commercial--I remember the song when it came out (by the Pet Shop Boys in 1986).  I sing along and I want to dance as well.  Such a fun time full of memories!  

(I would love to have a magic hood ornament on my car as well.)

Lo and behold, Pet Shop Boys are coming here to Philly in concert with New Order in late September.  I will be fully vaccinated and the concert is outside, so I splurged on the tickets.  I can dance in the aisle and sing along in person!!

Esteemed Contributor

A new favorite of ours is Terminex ad where the Aussie says " Protect your deck" but with his accent its a double entre d.  Cracks my family up every time it airs.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 I'm 73 and remember that song well!

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids    I had a feeling it's been around for awhile but having never been a fan of any pop music genre, I completely missed it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Flo from Progressive Insurance.jpg

Flo is a favorite of mine.