Esteemed Contributor

Who Saw "Return to Amish"? Opinions

This is my guilty pleasure. For those who saw the premier episode of "Return to Amish", what did you think?

I don't want to give anything away for those who haven't seen it yet, but there were things said in the show that had me literally laughing out loud.😂

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: Who Saw "Return to Amish"? Opinions

It is so fake and full of lies.  Makes me wonder if anything on TLC is for real.

Many of the cast members left the Amish community when they were of age..

around 18 years old.  And Ava, if she were Amish in good standing, she could not be filmed.

Some have been married before and they have kids... like Jeremiah.  He has theee children to his first wife and I cracked up when he said he wanted to learn to drive.  He has owned cars and has driven for years.

It is true that many Amish youth have left their church and families, but this show is not a true story about them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

It is so fake and full of lies.  Makes me wonder if anything on TLC is for real.

Many of the cast members left the Amish community when they were of age..

around 18 years old.  And Ava, if she were Amish in good standing, she could not be filmed.

Some have been married before and they have kids... like Jeremiah.  He has theee children to his first wife and I cracked up when he said he wanted to learn to drive.  He has owned cars and has driven for years.

It is true that many Amish youth have left their church and families, but this show is not a true story about them.

@Carmie 

Oh, it's phony as a $3 bill, but it's my "soap opera".

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I have absolutely nothing good to say about the Amish. They have many,many puppy mills.

Honored Contributor

I saw it. I know it's a fake storyline but I still find the show funny. It's not meant to be taken seriously. @Anonymous032819  The first show was better than I thought it would be.