Honored Contributor

Who Killed the Lyon Sisters?

Tonight at 9pm ET on the I.D. Network

A documentary about two sisters, age 10 and 12 if I remember right, who went to the mall and never returned about 40 yrs ago. Their father was a local personalty, on radio I think it was.

I remember when they went missing so I'm going to watch this. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who Killed the Lyon Sisters?

I'll be watching it too....love that channel!

Esteemed Contributor

Boy...that was disturbing.

I was glued to the TV......what sick people

Honored Contributor

I watched....such evil people.  

I am not a big fan of the 2 hour shows....I did not watch all of the 1st hour but did see the 2nd hour. 

Honored Contributor

OK - I watched in bits and pieces. I heard Lloyd Welch talk and talk and talk. But it sounded to me that he knew about the sisters being killed. And he claimed it was his uncle and another guy. Of course he said he did not actually do it. But he pleaded guilty. Why would he plead guilty?

It seemed like alot of people knew about the girls being killed. And no one said a thing.

Those poor parents, to lose 2 daughters.

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Boy...that was disturbing.

I was glued to the TV......what sick people

@Nataliesgramma  You kind of had to stay glued to the TV to watch all those written statements of the barely audible police interviews. I hate that on shows airing late when I'm watching in bed!

I never thought they'd end up finding out what happened to those girls after all the decades passed. I'll always wonder how they were convinced to leave the mall and get into the car -- they weren't 6 yrs old like Adam Walsh was and there were two of them. 

And given how heinous this crime was, I do wonder if it would have been better for the parents not to find out what happened to them.

It was pretty amazing how close a resemblance there was between Welch in 1975 and the police sketch of him from the eyewitness who saw him ogling the girls at the mall.

I was 12 or 13 when our "new mall" was completed and on Saturday it was a hangout for us kids. My mother thought nothing of dropping me off at the mall by myself for the day so I could hang out there with friends. This was earlier than 1975.

Esteemed Contributor

I remember this  when it first aired on the news in 1975 . I know it was a shock to think that someone  could have abducted  and murdered the two sisters.  Reminds one  to hold your children close .

Honored Contributor

I watched this also.  Hard to believe that there are such slimy people in the world.. I guess because I have never lived in THAT WORLD I can not imagine that people do these kinds of things. 40 years to have to wait to get answers about the loss of your daughters... can not imagine.  Those poor parents. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee 

As I've mentioned, I live in Maryland in an area considered the suburbs of DC. 

I remember when this happened and have thought about them many times.

Cannot imagine the pain and anguish the Lyon family has suffered through the years.  It is just unimaginable to me.  So deeply disturbing and sad.

I couldn't watch anything about it.

Frequent Contributor

I watched this last night. I never heard of it before, maybe because I'm on the west coast. What a horribly sad story! Those poor girls!