Honored Contributor

Re: Who Else is watching freak show "Smothered"?

@colliemom4 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I have to admit that I have a mild case of curiosity about the ones in the current promo where, I swear, the mother and daughter look like identical twins.   

I don't seem to feel curious enough to watch it but I casually wonder if the mother had surgery to look exactly like her daughter, or what.  I don't think that is generally possible and it feels like they actually look that much alike.

@chickenbutt  This is the daughter. Her name is Cher and she had a baby about a year ago maybe. Her baby seems to look like nothing like her.

cher from smothered.PNG

Yup, that's the one.  Did you see her mother?  Totally twinning it!  Smiley Very Happy

Agree that the baby looks nothing like her.  She is very pretty, as is her twin-mother.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@drizzellla wrote:

I had the TV on but wasn't paying attention. So not sure if I heard correctly.

BUT I think it was a preview for and upcoming show. They are all siting around the table at the divorce Lawyer's office, Mother, Daughter and Husband. It is Daughter and Husband getting a divorce. BUT Mom is also included in the discussion?!?!?!

I hope I am wrong and no way it this for real.

Yes. It would be extremely strange if it was real. This mom doesn't want her daughter to date or do anything else really but she ignores the mom. She must also use her mom's used bath water and help her get dressed daily. The daughter is probably in her early 30's? Just a guess. I watched it last season out of sheer boredom but am no longer watching. Every once in a while I'll watch a few minutes.

Valued Contributor

The Mom and daughter who shower together are the worst!!! And to make things even more repulsive, the Mom washes the daughter! These people are sick! 

I've never been one for watching these reality shows , but decided  to see what this was about. Talk about disgusting,i would have never shared a bath with anyone let alone my Mom, YUCK!!  so I changed the channel but found myself  wanting to see what they were doing now. Well I hate to say it but I am hooked on this show. it's like I just have to watch and see what they are doing , sort of like a train wreck, you just can't avert your eyes.  Really the ONLY Mother I have a problem with is Sunee, all I can say is That B---h needs to get a life of her own and let Angelica have her own , and if Angelica  was a guy I'd tell her to grow some balls and tell Mom to stay out of her life.  Just wanted to respond to who is watching this freak show ? Just me , a 66 year old retired mental health worker  who can't avert my eyes . 

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@speedy girl wrote:

I wonder if this is just a made up show for TV. It's just so completely bizarre that I have a hard time believing it's for real. 

@speedy girl  I believe much of it is made up. Last season they had a mom and daughter duo that took semi nude pics together and went and got a male stripper in Vegas. I have no idea if they returned this season, but the mom listened to whatever the daughter asked her to do and she was only about 18.

The Housewives series are made up.  These washed up former celebrities don't even know each other in real life.  They pretend to be best friends for the show.  Off season, they ignore each other.

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

watched it once....never again.....

I am  glad these daughters are adults otherwise social services would be called.  It is so disturbing.  I watched it once and could not sit through it.  Taking showers together, using same bath water, sleeping together yuck.  I was shocked to see a commercial that it was coming back.  This show is awful

I totally agree, I wrote to TLC and said that if this show was a father instead of a mother, it would be consideed a show about pedophiles. They actually answered me with thank you we will take your comments under advisement.

Esteemed Contributor

After seeing the promos for this show, I wouldn't waste my time watching.  What a bunch of hogwash!