Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who Else is watching freak show "Smothered"?

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

watched it once....never again.....

I am  glad these daughters are adults otherwise social services would be called.  It is so disturbing.  I watched it once and could not sit through it.  Taking showers together, using same bath water, sleeping together yuck.  I was shocked to see a commercial that it was coming back.  This show is awful

EWWWWW!!!!!!

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

I agree, just the previews gives me the "willies"Smiley LOL

Me too!  Just the previews were stomach turning.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I'm another one for whom the promos were more than enough!   Creepy!  I've never actually watched an episode but the promos make it pretty clear how it goes. 

For those who like it, I hope you enjoy.  It's not for me, which means absolutely nothing in the big picture.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I've seen it and this can't all be for real. If so these relationships are highly dysfunctional.

Honored Contributor

I have to admit that I have a mild case of curiosity about the ones in the current promo where, I swear, the mother and daughter look like identical twins.   

I don't seem to feel curious enough to watch it but I casually wonder if the mother had surgery to look exactly like her daughter, or what.  I don't think that is generally possible and it feels like they actually look that much alike.

Trusted Contributor

I wonder if this is just a made up show for TV. It's just so completely bizarre that I have a hard time believing it's for real. 

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I have to admit that I have a mild case of curiosity about the ones in the current promo where, I swear, the mother and daughter look like identical twins.   

I don't seem to feel curious enough to watch it but I casually wonder if the mother had surgery to look exactly like her daughter, or what.  I don't think that is generally possible and it feels like they actually look that much alike.

@chickenbutt  This is the daughter. Her name is Cher and she had a baby about a year ago maybe. Her baby seems to look like nothing like her.

cher from smothered.PNG

Honored Contributor

@speedy girl wrote:

I wonder if this is just a made up show for TV. It's just so completely bizarre that I have a hard time believing it's for real. 

@speedy girl  I believe much of it is made up. Last season they had a mom and daughter duo that took semi nude pics together and went and got a male stripper in Vegas. I have no idea if they returned this season, but the mom listened to whatever the daughter asked her to do and she was only about 18.

Honored Contributor

After seeing promos for this show, I made a promise to myself not to sink to this level....ever.  From what I saw, this show is sick and perverted.  TLC and the participants on the show should be embarrassed.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I had the TV on but wasn't paying attention. So not sure if I heard correctly.

BUT I think it was a preview for and upcoming show. They are all siting around the table at the divorce Lawyer's office, Mother, Daughter and Husband. It is Daughter and Husband getting a divorce. BUT Mom is also included in the discussion?!?!?!

I hope I am wrong and no way it this for real.