Honored Contributor

Whitney Way Thore Announces Split from Fiancé Who Is Expecting a Child with Another Woman

[ Edited ]

Whitney Way Thore is no longer engaged.

On Thursday, the star of My Big Fat Fabulous Life revealed the "uncomfortable" news that she and fiancé Chase Severino have broken off their engagement after the reality star learned that Severino had been with another woman.

Thore posted an Instagram photo of a black screen with a lengthy caption, sharing she felt it was time to explain the situation as she was receiving questions and hearing rumors about their relationship.

"Chase and I are no longer engaged," she wrote. "After experiencing a lot of ups and downs and still living apart, Chase reconnected with a woman with whom he has had a long history."

The 36-year-old said that Chase recently told her this information, and that his other relationship "resulted in a pregnancy."

"Chase will be a father in October

https://people.com/health/whitney-way-thore-announces-split-from-fiance-who-is-

expecting-a-child-with-another-woman/

Honored Contributor

Re: Whitney Way Thore Announces Split from Fiancé Who Is Expecting a Child with Another Woman

Yep, this was posted once today!

Respected Contributor

Re: Whitney Way Thore Announces Split from Fiancé Who Is Expecting a Child with Another Woman

I always thought the whole "engagement" was scripted.  I do not believe it was ever serious.  But if it was real, I hope she will move on and be happy.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

That's too bad; she seemed so happy to be engaged.  I was never sure if she was happy to be engaged, or happy to be engaged to him.

It is unfortunate when that kind of stuff plays out in public.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Whitney Way Thore is no longer engaged.

On Thursday, the star of My Big Fat Fabulous Life revealed the "uncomfortable" news that she and fiancé Chase Severino have broken off their engagement after the reality star learned that Severino had been with another woman.

Thore posted an Instagram photo of a black screen with a lengthy caption, sharing she felt it was time to explain the situation as she was receiving questions and hearing rumors about their relationship.

"Chase and I are no longer engaged," she wrote. "After experiencing a lot of ups and downs and still living apart, Chase reconnected with a woman with whom he has had a long history."

The 36-year-old said that Chase recently told her this information, and that his other relationship "resulted in a pregnancy."

"Chase will be a father in October

I thought he told Whitney he didn't want kids

https://people.com/health/whitney-way-thore-announces-split-from-fiance-who-is-

expecting-a-child-with-another-woman/

Super Contributor

They actually broke up a couple of months ago. TLC surprisingly has been filming with Whitney for over a month now. 

Trusted Contributor

@4kitties To me, ALL the whitney "romances" are scripted and over-produced because whitney and the production team understand that to keep the show going (and her income) they must create "drama" to snag an audience to keep watching.  

I, for one, believe she and buddy will eventually wind up together; however, that may not be (hopefully for the show) for many years LOLOL....

Trusted Contributor

If the entire relationship was all fake and just scripted for TV, then I have lost respect for this show. Since that was the main story line for the whole season it's very dishonest to the viewers. I know it's reality TV but I don't like them deceiving us. 

Respected Contributor

She should just marry her best friend Buddy and get real.

Honored Contributor

@SugarPuff wrote:

They actually broke up a couple of months ago. TLC surprisingly has been filming with Whitney for over a month now. 

Wow this means Buddy will be around more and Heather will still be bothered.  Whitney will probably move back to her house and her business partner will probably be gone.  Hope Buddy will stay in his own place.