Honored Contributor

Whitney Houston

[ Edited ]

Tonight on Reelz 7/17 they had the story of Whitney.  It is so sad that drugs took over her life.  She was so blessed with a beautiful voice like no other.  I remember getting a pedicure when Whitney married Bobby Brown and people were talking about that he was no good for her and got her on drugs when the truth of the matter was her brother introduced her to drugs. Unfortunately, for Whitney, she had an addictive personality and it was difficult for her to come to grips with drugs.  She lost her voice to drugs which was so tragic and in the end her life.  At least now she is at peace.  The Preacher's Wife was my favorite CD and movie.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

She made her own choices.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Whitney Houston

[ Edited ]

I know it was the drug problem, but her "arrogant, holier than thou" attitude toward the end of her life was a big turn off.  She not only lost her voice, she lost her soul.  I hope she is at peace at last.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Tonight on Reelz 7/17 they had the story of Whitney.  It is so sad that drugs took over her life.  She was so blessed with a beautiful voice like no other.  I remember getting a pedicure when Whitney married Bobby Brown and people were talking about that he was no good for her and got her on drugs when the truth of the matter was her brother introduced her to drugs. Unfortunately, for Whitney, she had an addictive personality and it was difficult for her to come to grips with drugs.  She lost her voice to drugs which was so tragic and in the end her life.  At least now she is at peace.  The Preacher's Wife was my favorite CD and movie.

Smoking Crack took her voice. So sad to lose such a talent to drugs😢