Honored Contributor

@lenapecci wrote:

I know it has been posted that there will be a season 2. I will not be watching season 2. 

I can't believe I made it all the way through season 1. Was there even a point? It was for me like watching a twisted version of Fantasy Island or just watching rich people at a resort.    

no point except to give a director and writer five hours of TV to fill

and people got jobs from it 

Respected Contributor

Seems like a few scenes in the finale were for shock value only although after 2020 it takes WAY more than an ugly pooping scene to shock me. Guess they were trying to "entertain" us with bathroom antics. Ho-hum. That "scene" was totally gross and unnecessary and turned the show into just a very bad joke to me. I was only happy Quinn said ALOHA to the whole bunch and stayed in paradise. Way to go Quinn! The only smart one.

Respected Contributor

It reminded me of a modernized combo of Love Boat and Fantasy Island.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: White Lotus

[ Edited ]

I did make it to the final episode and am completely indifferent.  Not a likeable person in the bunch with the exception of Tanya and maybe Quinn.

I think they could have done a better job on who dies.  For one thing, 

Spoiler
why would his body go back to the mainland on the flight the vacationers were taking back?  He lived in Hawaii.  You would think it would have been one of the vacationers.   Very anticlimatic IMO...and somewhat of a waste based on who died.

Basically for me it was a decent time killer during the summer when nothing was on but not something I look forward to catching season 2.

ETA:  I didn't find Tanya, herself, particularly likeable; I just really like Jennifer Coolidge in anything.  

Trusted Contributor

The director of the resort had perfect stools one could be envious of but glad there's no such thing as smell-o-vision. Cat Surprised

Honored Contributor

I cheered for Quinn when he got out of line.  They probably won't even notice he wasn't on the flight.  Olivia and Paula were just beyond boring and mean. 

Valued Contributor

Did I miss something? Why didn't Paula text Kai that Nicole was coming back to the room? Did he have his phone? She texted him the next day. She blew up his life for that? 

So all the rich people leave the island back to their lives. Quinn was the only one with any redeeming quality.

Valued Contributor

I watched all 6 episodes and I have no idea why. That was a big waste of time!

Trusted Contributor

I think this mini series was about wokeism.  Many instances of it all throughout.  The daughter telling her friend she's not anything like her parents and the response from her friend was yes you are, you are exactly like them - they are your tribe.  Her friend bursts into tears in her mother's arms because she knows it's the truth. 

Paula urging her island lover to steal the two bracelets worth $75k each because "they have stolen from you." But he says, no they personally have never stolen anything from me.  Paula assures him that it is the right thing to do on principle.  Stealing from those who think they own everything will be reparations for the islander natives who lost their land. 

Then there was the woman with the ashes of her deceased mother who made many, many promises to the young woman who worked at the spa that she would finance her because she was so talented.....yet completely ignored her when she met the tourist down the hall from her who wanted a physical relationship with her selfishly saying she had to see where this goes.  The young woman was devastated at the forgotten promises to help her fulfill her dreams and cried. 

I am hoping that the young woman who worked at the spa will get his position that was held by the manager who had issues and passed away....at least it's something for her that she richly deserves. 

Honored Contributor

I know I'm late to the party, but I started watching this last night. I'm just starting the third episode so I only read the first page of responses as not to spoil myself. 
It took a little to get into this but the characters are interesting even if many of them are unlikeable, like those teenage girls! Ugh. Love Jennifer Coolidge, she's always good in satirical pieces and spoofs and the lovely Connie Britton.  I love the massage therapist lady too.

Lots if WTH moments but a lot of low key amusing parts too. 
I love the scene between the journalist and Connie. So awkward! Lol But she did give good advice.